Viacom to take 19 channels from TWC

i am a dish customer, but i swear to god i am very close to getting rid of all of them and getting rabit ears.

have fun until feb 17th then

TW must be mad about Obama and taking it out on BET.

It is not like these were free before and now they want money like the locals.
This is something they paid for before and therefore you paid for.
So for sure if they drop the content they better be offering a refund.

Haha over the air HD is pretty sweet.

+1

They can’t drop BET, thats racist.

I don’t care about the other channels, but watch Comedy Central and Spike a decent amount.

But not BET, oh noes! Where can I get my wholesome, non-racial entertainment all in one place?

FIOS, where the hell are you?!?!?!?!?!

first they try to take channel 4 and shit, and now all these other channels…i think its time we all get directv…its a better price for what you get…no comedy central means no family guy or south park…WTF is wrong with twc…they are assholes!!!

FiOS sounds real nice as well…i heard many good things about it but how much is it?

Viacom has asked for fee increases of between 22 percent and 36 percent per channel, an amount that could increase customers’ cable bills, Dudley said. Viacom spokeswoman Kelly McAndrew said the requested increase was in the very low double-digit percentage range.

“The issue is that they have asked for an exorbitant increase in their carriage fees and their network ratings are sagging,” Dudley said. “Basically we’re trying to hold the line for our customer.”

Viacom said the increases would cost an extra 23 cents a month per subscriber – which works out to $35.9 million more in total. It said that Americans spend a fifth of their TV time watching Viacom shows but its fees make up less than 2.5 percent of the Time Warner cable bill.

OK, well I need only 2 channels of the 16, so I don’t mind a .04 increase in my bill. They can keep the other channels.

Oooooh, 23 cents a month. Less than $3 more a year.

No one trid to take channel 4, Lin was trying to fuck time warner over just like viacom is now.

two things

i own stock in viacom :tup:

i have fios :tup:

HAHAHAHA

anyone know how much FiOS is and whats included etc…thanks

http://www22.verizon.com/Residential/FiOSTV/Plans/Plans.htm

It did take me 4 seconds to use this company called google to find it.

can get internet and full tv package for 80/mo + premiums + whatever boxes you want… if you can get it, get it, it rules.

thanks, i will definitly look into getting FiOS since TWC sucks balls

yea … i dunno how TWC is going to survive another one of these debacles… they got hit hard with just LIN tv.