Viacom to take 19 channels from TWC

yeah true, they are going to end up like aldelphia…GONE lol

LOL just got my scott trade alert, VIA stock is climbing, I am loving life right now

How is the speed channel not included for TWC?
I thought comcast was raping me but after reading about TWC it feels like we are in a loving relationship.

ugh, i wanna switch now, but I don’t think I could sacrifice the Military Channel to do so.

From TW rochester:

Cable Networks affected:
Nickelodeon/Nick at Nite
MTV
VH1
Spike
TV Land
Comedy Central
Noggin
MTV2
VH1 Classic
Logo
MTV Hits
MTV Jams
MTV Tr3s
Nick Too
Nicktoons
The N
CMT Pure Country
Palladia
VH1 Soul

How the hell do you get rid of the kids channels and expect people to stay with your network? TV is the daycare of all parents nowadays… and without Nicktoons or Nickelodeon to keep their kids occupied, parents may actually have to do something to raise their children!!! With the Zune Z2K and now this… the world is surely going to end tomorrow.

Amen… Dish Network ftw…

Although I don’t think TWC is really to blame fully, a little more disclousure to customers early would have been much much wiser but once again I see why they are fighting Viacom on this.

TWC having these fucking banners all day asking me to call and bitch to viacom isn’t going to make me a more loyal customer.

I guess TWC can’t use the excuse that they are just giving customers what they can get for free with bunny ears when it comes to Viacom. I think that after all of these issues with contracts, that maybe TWC might be the assholes here.

i watch MTV jams all the time. I live alone, so I just put it on as background noise. If that is gone, fuck it. I hardly even watch tv. I’ll just cancel.

God i dont regret gettin dish at all, Sadly my parents wont switch over they got the digital cable coming soon.

Besides i wish the companys would wise up and let people pick channels they want, id get rid of over 2/3 of the shit filler channels (shopping, spanish tv, etc) they pack in there to make it seem like your gettin something.

Fuck this- I watch Comedy Central all the time, and Spike as well. Hello FIOS I guess.

x2

the shopping shit actually makes your bill cheaper.

3 pages and I’m the first to call B.S. on time warner losing these for more then maybe a week or two…

it’s all just a negotiation ploy both sides are trying to play… they need each other.

How so? If it makes my bill cheaper in that sense vs. my wife stayin home and makin another bill more expensive that would be a total wash of any savings.

werd^

word. although, this may be the final straw and i’ll switch to fios. less compressed HD would be nice.

most modern TV’s, not monitors, that have an internal tuner are fine… basically if your TV can get channels 17-2,17-3 etc… you are fine

if i have fios internet would i be able to get fios tv? they never really asked me if i wanted to sign up lol

thank god for direct TV