Viacom to take 19 channels from TWC

I hope it lasts for awhile. If it does that’ll mean Dish gets really busy again. Not that we are slow, but I’ll take the extra loot!!

If anyone wants Dish Network, PM me. I’ll get you a deal and make sure your install is done right.

I will be getting Dish or DirectTV if this happens… within a week or 2… I’m done with TW except for Internet if this goes down…

So which is “better”; DTV or Dish?

Dish is cheaper and has better DVR equipment. Direct has more sports offerings. Either is a million times better than time warner.

The fact that this keeps happening tells me that it’s Time Warner lowballing everyone. If it happened once, fine. But it’s happened with NFL network, LIN, Viacom, etc. etc. The only time I’ve ever heard another carrier do this is Dish Network dropping Court TV for a month or so like 2 years ago. Time Warner consistently pulls that shit, yet somehow still charges more than what I pay to get the stuff that is supposedly too expensive.

Your going to get 3877595938327 opinions on that.

Who has more sports? DTV.

Who has lower prices and better hardware? Dish

If you like the Yankees and need YES or want the football package, go with DTV.

If you want a kick ass HD DVR and pay a little less, go with Dish.

I really wish I could pick 10 channels that I really want, and pay whatever per month for them.

Out of those channels they are dropping, I don’t watch one of them.

Give me 20 good variety HD channels, plus sabres in HD, I would be happy.

Fuck BET and all that garbage…

people are always saying dish and direct are cheap… I never manage to find a plan similar to time warner that’s cheaper after you factor in getting internet also.

Just talked to TWC they have no plan to compensate customers for lost programming and told me not to worry.

As so as I move to a place with FiOS I’m getting it.

I’m not huge on sports, so looks like Dish is the way to go…

Same here man.

Also, I like watching hockey night in canada, and canadian TV in general.

I like watching the sabres in HD, without ordering a stupid sports package that I don’t want.

I like having basic cable in my bedroom, without renting another box.

I’m at 82 bucks a month for cable with the free HD tier, and the 10mbps roadrunner. That is the intro rate for a year, when they jack it up to 110 per month, I’ll just call and threaten to cancel to get them to extend the promo rate.

I run skype off the roadrunner for my home phone, its a good deal for me.

The only thing that pisses me off is that they have two channels that I really like on a premium tier with a bunch of other channels that I would never watch (BIO Network, and Speed channel)…

Also the big reason I have cable is NO CONTRACT…

I refuse to sign a long term agreement with a dish or fios to pay a termination fee when I move out of state, or find a better deal.

Dish does not require a contract. If you don’t want it, you don’t have to have a contract. You just don’t get the activation fee back. But if you sign up through me, you won’t be paying that anyway!!

if this goes through, thats it im fucking done with TW and going to fios.

You maybe hearing from me very shortly if they cut these channels…

:tup: ill keep you in mind.

:bloated: :bloated: :bloated: srsly?
http://www.dishnetwork.com/packages/detail.aspx?pack=DDA Factor in $11 a month for another 2-room DVR receiver and $10 a month each for HBO and Showtime after the first 3 months and you’re at $81. Figure $40 for internet and it puts you at $121. If you can find a package from time warner that gets you that many channels, with HBO cinemax and showtime, with DVR service in 4 rooms, for $120, i’ll eat my sweater. Not to mention the fact that TW’s HD looks like shit and their boxes suck more cock than briana banks.

The only thing that pisses me off about Dish Network is no Sabres in HD. If the Sabres ever start playing good enough that I want to watch most of the games again I might have to switch to DirecTV, but after looking at their newest DVR at my neighbors house the Dish DVR is still >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> than what DirecTV has to offer.

Every time I think about switching it comes down to the Sabres not being good enough to lose my awesome DVR. :slight_smile:

DirecTV x’s 23,901,297

lol you should be switching regardless, TW’s dvr is so fucking terrible i can’t believe they have not updated it. FIOS is better AND cheaper, it’s kind of a no brainer.

If my bill goes up, or they drop these channels I will be thru with time warner.

Its like they took a perfectly good cable provider (adelphia) sat at table and said "lets see how we can fuck this up so bad that everyone will get a dish.

i had already had a date set up, they came the morning they were suppose to install it only to tell me the box that they needed to tap into was to far away from my tv and the complex didnt want them runing the wires over the door. a week later the complex had them come in and move the box so i just have to set up another date

i still have mtv…