Time Warner Digital Cable is a JOKE.

Anyone with Time Warner Digital Cable experiencing lagging and freezing followed by pixelation and then normal viewing of the picture? We never had this problem with Adelphia, but once TW took over, we can’t watch a single show on TV without having to sit there and watch the picture freeze, pixelate and then come back all lagged and retarded. It’s really starting to piss me off. I’ve called TW and they said it’s because they are still “updating” their systems? wtf is this? It’s been like this for almost 3 months now. I’m ready to go to DirectTV.

lol do it, it would be the best thing you ever did, trust me :slight_smile:

Maybe it’s the box. Mine is fine.

that’s what she said

That happens to me once in a while when playing on demand shows.

yeah, i get it everytime, no matter what i’m watching.

and Joe, i just spit on computer screen laughing cuz of that comment lol

Any form of Dish > Cable nowdays. Make the switch you won’t be sorry.

Ours does it. Roadrunner will also work intermittently for a few days every month, but according to TW it’s working just fine.:fail:

I had that on my TW DVR and it drove me insane. Since I moved into my apartment, my DirecTV > TW. Except now I cant find any of my channels… LOL

They came out and “fixed” the line to the house at least 5 times in the year, and respliced all of the ends. I will blame “Cable Theft” as the cause, over-utilizing my bandwidth!

I used to have that problem all the time, then I switched to dish. ~3 yrs now, no complaints.

Lost signal twice in 3 yrs.

yep…

the TW commercials bashing dish at the “installer school” contain the biggest amount of mis information and BS i have ever heard somebody say with a straigh face… that alone turned me off TW forever

I think I’m going to get my mom to switch to Dish. I don’t really watch TV that often, but when I do, I like to actually enjoy what I’m viewing, plus having digital in my living room and not in my room sucks, especially since I have a 37" LCD and the living room has a 30" tube. I’ve really just had it with TimeWarner, their internet is horribly slow, their cable is horrendous at best, and customer service seems like they just graduated pre-k.

lol, alot of TW’s CSRs are on this site.

hahaha, sorry guys:fry:

i had that a lot with my old HD box. now i just use the over the air for 2,4,7 HD. and havent had a problem.

the tech i talked to said it was a loose connection in the house… which i checked & double checked everything. weak signal… or someone stealing cable.

since i returned the cable box… i havent had the problem. that i can think of. but then again i dont have the TV on much at all anymore.

could be a open tap which is losing signal at the pole.could be shitty fittings,could be a bad box,could be a open break in the cable,or could be to many splitters. the reason you are getting this problem is shitty signal. i installed both and hands down direct tv is far better then time warner

:violin: lol

ive never had a problem with my TW…

Not to be an asshole but what day exactly was that? Back when I took calls I used to get people saying this all the time, and people have no idea what they are talking about.

+1

All the problems you are having is something isolated at your house (otherwise my job would be swamped), call in for a tech to come out, and have them check everything out.

I’ve had 4 individual techs come to take a look at it, and every time…i get this “Were working to update our systems so sometimes it may come in blocky…theres nothing we can do as of right now”

Well…its been quite some time now, I think the whole “as of right now” has passed for me. No offense, but I’m more than likely going to bring my (or should I say my mother’s) business elsewhere.