Vibrating Ride

Wondering if you guys can help me out. I recently swapped out my OEM wheel studs on my rear hubs (S14). I replaced 'em with the Peak Performance extended studs so I can run 15mm spacers safely.

All is installed well; however, I now experience vibrations when I’m at hwy speeds or even 30km/h (not as noticeable around 50-60km/h).

It ran fine the day before w/ the exact same wheels…but only happened after the studs were replaced and spacers were inserted. I should mention that I notice really slight wobble thru the side-view mirror in the rear p-side wheel when rolling at the aforementioned speeds. I’m just not sure if it’s the dips on the road playing tricks on my eye haha if anything it’d be a 2 or 3mm’s of wobble.

PS: Yes, the wheels are mounted perfectly onto the hub

Thanks for any input!

Dru

hub centric or no???

Its the spacers…try loosening the nuts and while the wheels off the ground tighten them just snug in a star pattern if 5 bolt or the one on the opposite side of the 1st one you tightened if 4 bolt. Then go around a second time making them a tad more snug etc etc repeat this a few times the more the better imo but doing it 10+ times its going to start becoming pointless. You may luck out and get that wheel on near perfect. DONT USE COMPRESSED AIR, by hands always the best then use a torque wrench if you have one.

They’re hub centric rims but the spacers kinda void that. The holes on the motegi touge rims I have are pretty snug already so it doesn’t allow for much play anyway.

But that’s a good suggestion, I’ll take 'em off and try it again. I hope it works…

Any more input would be dope guys!

if anything use open ended lug nuts and hand turn the nuts with a ratchet down onto the spacer for all 5 studs, forcing the spacer flush against the rotor. my spacers were pretty tight and when i first put my wheel on i noticed variation in the lug nut threading depth so once i evened out the rotor with the open ended nuts everything was great and still is. g/l.

i having some what of the same problem,but my lug nuts loosen them selfs. these slip on spacers are trash garbage shit poop… bolt on or hub centric spacers are the way to go.