wheel balance issue...spacer?

Set Up:
Velox 18 x 7.5 Wheels all around
Brand new Falken 912 (225/40/18 ) Tires
20mm PDM wheel spacers (front)
25mm PDM wheel spacers (rear)

So:

I went and got my new tires mounted and balanced yesturday. Only to notice that my car is now shaking like a *****. Shakes at low speeds around 40km/h and 80km/h. I would not go over 80km/h because it was too bad. The shop I went to seemed to be reputable and the owner also owned an s13 with over $130k in parts alone and sits at around 550hp at the rear wheels. Anyways

The tires were supposibly balanced, but what I think happened is when they mounted them the wheel spacers might not have been centered correctly, screwing it up. Anybody have this problem in the past? Any idea’s etc?

I am thinking that the balancing was never done

well whatever it is…they can re-do it tomorrow

Your wheels are to narrow. To much weight on to small of an area.

it was a combination of my spacer and wheel not being centered correctly on the hub. I need to get a hub centric plate or something for my wheel and better and longer studs that fit better with the spacers. Just had to play with the fitment on the hub a couple times and it seems to be near perfect now.

so this would happen on a S13 with Rb20 having 7.5 wide rims in the front with 205 size rubber ?

what do hubcentrics do exactly?

copied from nico

“When purchasing aftermarket rims, it is wise to ensure the center bore is the same diameter as that of the hub, this is termed as being hub-centric and ensures the rim is perfectly centered. If the center bore is larger, you should purchase a hub-ring in order to ensure the rim is properly centered and hub-centric. Not utilizing a hub-ring means you are lug-centric and solely utilizing the lugs to center the wheels instead of the lugs and the hub.”

It will help hold the wheel in the centre as above with out relying on the wheel studs to hold it centered. Dont run those cheap China made spacers (they are known to break) get good ones like H&R that are hub centric good ones usually bolt to the hub then have there own studs that you bolt the wheel to.