Viper Twin Turbo Builds.... x 3

I was there the other day. It does not look awkward in person at all. A bezel of some type would be dope though.

Yes, while technically you could do this in part, it would be an immense amount of work, with no overall benefit. The BCM is about 5 feet away and buried under the dash, and the PCM is all the way up near the headlight [Granted the PCM is already tapped, but the BCM is not, as only a few odd things run through it that are already displayed and dont need to be loggable, like fuel level, A/C status, ORC, etc]. However, that would only allow you to grab SOME signals. Certain items, such as Tire Pressure Monitor, Airbags, Climate Control and Radio, which are on the bus through the cluster, would not be able to function. They only send bus signals, no analog/digital signals to intercept.

No matter what, you need to retain the factory gauge cluster in its entirety. It is a great cluster anyway- and keeping it functional means that all of the basic engine info on the side gauges [EOP, Volt, EOT, and ECT] can be handled by the factory cluster, and you can use what “invisible” channels you can view on the Omega to display other things that aren’t normally viewable, without having to switch pages on the Omega. Overall, having both functional allows you to view more info at a glance than you could otherwise… keep the Omega displaying things like Lambda, Fuel pressure, knock, wheelspin, etc…

viper donk?

LOL, not exactly. They would have to be about 10 inches taller for that nonsense. They look AWESOME. Ignore wheel gap… no engine and trans will do that!

Moar pics you tease!

Wait, engine and trans will drop the rear that much?

It is an exotic supercar the engine is in the back…

wat???

Vipers, rear engine… my knowledge must be lacking

I was referring to an old discussion where people were trying to put Vipers in the “exotic” category

Sorry if the three periods didn’t point out the sarcasm

Actually, yes. Technically the Viper is a mid-engine car… the engine and trans sit entirely between the front and rear axle. The transmission mount is only about 18" in front of the rear axle. Also when you add in the fact that the gas tank is empty, the seats are out, half of the body is not on, etc… its a good 1250-1500 lbs underweight right now. On top of all that, the car needs to be lowered about .5" or so, as these tires are about 1" shorter overall than the 335/30/20 that it used to have.

How big is the Viper’s fuel tank?
I saw on the Ultimate Factory show that a Lambo had a 26 gallon tank due to the low MPG. Does Dodge do something similar?

They “claim” it is a 19 Gallon… but I can tell you on more than one occasion I put 18.5+ gallons in the tank, and the car was not balls empty yet, and showed no sign of sputtering. I cannot see how a tank with .5 gallons in it would not be a sputtering POS… unless there is a reserve on the tank, as it is a very wide/flat tank. I have never run one bone dry and paid attention while filling it, so I cant tell you what the actual capacity is. I will probably do it this year on purpose for the hell of it.

You don’t consider a Viper exotic? I do, its expensive and you don’t see them everyday or every week. Thats just my opinion though.

Guys don’t start a viper is exotic or not thread plzzzzz. Just enjoy that you are getting to see some super balllllllin parts.

i cannot wait to have my viper =)

97 gts going for about 35-40k with 20 - 30 thousand miles

TONS of srt10s going for 40-50k with low miles

I will get a few more pics up later tonight after I get the doors installed and adjusted on the orange one, and get more of the wiring harness fit onto the white one. Maybe light up the Omega and snap a picture of it… even though I cannot configure it yet until the SQ-6M12 has power.

Engine harness starts going together today too… from the pile of colored spaghetti sitting on the floor.

Cam x2, Crank x2, [Dont ask why there is 2 cam and 2 crank… LOL] Dual IAT, Dual MAF, MAP, Dual Knock, Cam Control, Injector x10, Coil x10, Capacitor x2, TPS 1/2/3/4 and FBW driver 1/2, EOP, EOT, ECT, FP, Dual boost solenoid, WB Lambda x2, K-Type Thermocouple x2, NB O2 x4, Wheel speed x4… Holy mother of wiring.

FML FML FML FML FML FML FML.

FML.

Dan I might stop over after school. Prob won’t help but I will be there for moral support. <3

Give me a shout before… I might be at Firestone {HotRocks} getting the fronts mounted up sometime this afternoon.

Im going to be at school till 8ish yo.