VW advice

Well considering how many vw’s and audi’s he had owned, sold and worked on over the years id say there is some advise in there.

I forgot to mention: yes 1.8t’s can have their problems but from what I’ve seen they mostly are from down right abuse, neglect, or owners doing stupid things to them. Or a combo of the 3. There is always bad luck or things just break but that can happen on any car

I drove an MK4 2.0 Jetta last spring and was fine with how it performed.
I’m not looking for a project or something to make fast…
5spd, reliable, decent MPG’s and 4drs to get from A------>B, that’s what it needs to do.

I don’t like Quattro already and I’m new to this forum. After reading 2/3 replies of his, dudes a freak. He never says a damn thing that’s useful or knoledgeable in any way, just says fuck about 10 times a sentence. Very mature indeed. Isn’t this forum regulated? Don’t they filter out people like him? NO other forum would put up with his ridiculous replies.

---------- Post added at 08:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 AM ----------

I’d stick with the Honda’s if I were you. Unlike some of the positive replies about VW here, I’ve seen nothing but major problems with them. My uncle worked for VW for about 10 years and he would never own one, if that tells you something. Personally if I were looking for a really solid safe fun 4 door and don’t want vtec I’d go with a Nissan Maxima/Altima or Subaru Impreza. Nissan’s are great car’s and unlike the STI, the basic Impreza 2L is a solid car

Go fucking make 23857283457 threads asking the same thing and ignore all the responses you get and keep asking the same question over and over and over fggt.

The 2L is a rock solid engine. The slam piece got her’s with 95K on it and it’s still going good with 168k on it. I highly reccomend that engine as an A to B mechanism. Also, HybridEvo is a fggt.

I’m gonna agree with krant. If all you want is enjoyable point a to point b can’t beat a 2.0… Unless you can find a killer deal on a TDI

Quattor and hybridevo, I appreciate any specific input you have about VW’s, you want to bicker, please keep it between yourselves in PM instead of mucking up the thread with it.

Back to VW’s, if anyone else has any real, 1st hand knowledge about them, regarding as to why the 2.0 is better than the 1,8t, or vice versa, I’d appreciate it.
Prob won’t be buying one soon since I just got laid off thanks to the lack of winter weather, but will need to get something in the future regardless.

Like I said, my 1.8t was problem free for 60k Judy took care of it. Oil changes every 5k and timing belts/water pump every 60k. I had a
Chip and it was enjoyable for a
DD, even in my huge passat it got decent mpg. Usually 30+ on the highway. They can have problems, boost leaks can be common. Lots o problems Usually come from abuse, neglect or owners doing retarded or half ass Mods cause it’s a “turbo”

2.0 is a work horse. Aeg’s also require timing belts and they run forever. My only first hand experience with them is doing plugs/wires/coil pack. The plugs were a bit of a pain and coil pack problems are fairly common. but easy to replace.

If you can find a TDI they are indestructible. Need timing belts like everything else. But get awesome mpg and have no problems going 300k+

You’ll find people that hate the 1.8t and just as many that love it. Like most VAG products, they’re either bulletproof or nightmares. It just depends on which one you get. A friend of mine is coming up on 250K (iirc) on a 1.8T MK4, I think he’s had it since it had around 60 or 80K. Other than recently replacing the clutch, he’s had 0 problems with it. Similar to sasquatch, he does oil changes every 6k and has done TB/WP every 60.

Picked up a MK4 Golf 1.8T 4dr 5spd. I actually really enjoy it. Some oddities interior wise compared to a Honda, but overall really enjoy it!

Now on the hunt for a quality VW forum.
Other than VWvortex, which from what I gather is equivalent to Honda tech, what are some other quality VW forums?

There aren’t any.

Here are the local folks: Dubs in the Buff <----this is a link. I’m pointing this out because despite requests to makes links stand out, they just look like plain text

None of these listed are worthwhile?
http://www.google.com/search?q=vw+gorums&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=KNK&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&sa=X&ei=537gT-f0D8aC2wXx6eWfCg&ved=0CBcQvwUoAQ&q=vw+forums&spell=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=224a5b64fb37ec82&biw=1120&bih=522

Looking for quality info, knowledge and builds, not the boy racer, rusted hood, stanced out crowd.

Thank you!

Doesn’t exist. Hah
There is useful stuff on the vortex but it’s a cesspool.

Not really going to exist. VW forums are the worst place on earth. You can fine a few good build threads here and there, but its by no means a majority anywhere.

That’s unfortunate, and I thought Honda forums were shitty!

Honda 4 life here. Soul officially crushed beyond repair.

my soul had been runied by years of honda ownership, after years of VW ownership

or maybe i just needed to get to work on time everyday.

Does not compute. The MK4 forums make Honda Tech seem like a gathering of Steven Hawking/Albert Einstein/DaVinci and Sir Isaac Newton. The worst thing about a VW, other then the fact that they suck, are the idiots that gravitate to them.

VW is about comfort. I hate hearing that. An entry level VW has the same shitty features as an entry level honda.

im picking up my R32 next week

I love it