Wow almost a month and no updates. I have been working on things just apparently forgot to upload pics and document.
I decided after doing all that work to get the 020 linkages and crap working I should swap to 02A transmission. :lol:
Picked up the 02A trans, 02J shifter, cables (which are wrong in this pic) from a friend. Also found a good 02J shift tower (no pics). And bought a set of S&P MK1 02A mounts.
Quickly realized that the shift box was going to be harder to fit with my exhaust setup. Not wanting to change the exhaust I spent so much time I it was obvious the shifter would need to change.
Pulled the shifter apart and started cutting
Made an aluminum cover. Its three pieces welded together and smoothed.
With that done I switched focus to the alternator. Years ago I had planned to use a MK3 alternator, but the size of it and the position of the one plug just wansnt going to work with my new dual fan setup. I spent countless hours looking at images and sizes of alternators and finally found that a 2001 Jeep Wrangler Denso type alternator would fit the bill.
Machined a new top mount block on the mill at work. Then rounded off the edges on my router table.
And then cleaned it up with a maroon belt on the Dynafile.
Next was the lower mount / tensioner.
Clevis for the tensioner, using the rod end and adjuster I bought years ago. The clevis was made from some rectangular box tube I had laying around.
And after hours of screwing around I came up with this crazy bracket for the lower tensioner mount. I still plan to add some reinforcement to the sides, but its more or less done
It ties into the two mounts on the bottom of the block, and the water pump bolts.
Adjuster in place.
If anyone was wondering, I dont have a brake at the house for thicker plate so I whipped this up that I use in my vise. It works surprisingly well and way better than a hammer.
Next, it was time to figure out how to add a master cylinder to the factory pedal box. I looked at some ideas that others had done including fastbunnymetalworks and came up with something similar.
Made a bracket, again using my sweet brake shown above. its obviously not quite done, but very close. Hopefully Ill have it done this week.
That about catches up the progress on the project. Im sure I wont have a ton of time between now and new years, but Ill try to keep things updated should I move forward.