VW PASSAT help sailor sonny whitey?

spangs… i’m dynoing the racecar tomorrow… so i’m not going to be around for the morning / afternoon… i could be around at some point though! i can scan that shiet man…

cool humm i know i got work at 5 at night i can drive out and meet you where ever you at tomaorww

I feel smart. read posts 2 and 4.

Sonny, I picked up an ebay obd2 cable and the free vag-com. It’s tits. even runs on parallels on the Mac :oh noes:

Sinister, if you still need someone to figure out if it’s bank one or two O2 hit me up.

sent pm

yeah that would be cool your in brentwood that not far i could meet you in south park…

give me a ring

Spangler. I have a ODBII reader via the laptop. If you need to borrow it, lemme know.

im gonna meet up with 1st dub tonight and check it out… thanks

but ahh if you wanna umm ahh check it to as long as ahh

as long as your girl is there :steelers: :itr41: :kiss:

H p0171

fuel trim system lean

as long as your girl is there :steelers: :itr41: :kiss:[/QUOTE]

I really wish I knew more about the vag-com software and not just using it to scan, but use it for logging too. Here are some links to stuff I found on vwvortex that might help. Looks like it could still possibly be a vacuum leak or 1st O2 sensor. Maf is the easiest to unplug / clean though. I can read up on some more things vag-com and figure out which blocks to log. We can try again sometime when I get it figured out.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1201806

there is a bunch of this crap on vwvortex. considering it’s just at startup though it probably is the maf, everything else would cause the problem to be there always.

H p0171 fuel trim system lean

Had that code on my A4 1.8t. It was a cracked vac line off of the manifold.

i checked all the lines even the hard to reach one under the manifold… and sprayed it down didnt get no rise in rpm…

ripped the maff out and sprayed it with maf cleaner…when to chek code and said no code found did a reset for sure gonna go drive it around and we will see…

if that didnt fix it start back at the front bumper…and light it on fire

whoops spangs on jeffs name

http://www.obd-codes.com/p0171

humm

Inspect all vacuum and PCV hoses, replace if necessary

well cleaned maf and light came back on…i didnt notice the cruise control wont come on and arnt they vaccum asseted??

which might mean its a vaccum line that needs replaced??

i dont wanna blow 75 bucks on a 02 sensor and it not be it???

1st, any leaks in the exhaust?

2nd, are all the fuel injectors firing?

3rd if so, is there proper fuel pressure? is the fuel pump actually producing enough fuel?

4th- any unmetered air getting into the system? spray around, watch w/ vag com the engine rpm and o2 sensor at teh same time.

5th-- is secondary air system in tact? my guess is the culprit is here due to it happening at cold starts. use vag com to check secondary air. can go into readiness to see if it is set.

just for the hell of it, check fuses no. 7, 28, 29, 32 and 34–make sure they are ok.

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

i give up///checked fuses all good

then went over teh vacume lines replaced some that seem like they are brittle or seemed to have lil small holes

had auttap on it checking 02 sensors unplugged on threw a code sweet un plugged the other one threw the other code sweet it cant be them they must be working

seems

wel cool feels good drive it home from jeffs good way no light sweet…

go out to dinner…fucker light come on again

i need one of you guys to look at this bitch with that vag com…ive wasted way to much time tryiing to figure out something that you guys could prob see right in front of your face

Let me see if I can get a better manual for the vag-com to make sure I’ve got the right measuring blocks and stuff. Might take me a couple days since I’ve been really busy at work.

just because you unhooked the sensor and it tossd a code does not mean it is working correctly. range can be off.

basically diagnosis the car in the steps i told you.

#1-- self explanatory.

#2 checkable via vag com or a noid light

#3 add a gauge to check pressure

#4 basic setting 1 will show the maf reading, eng load, rpm. spraying around w/ water/staring fluid on hoses will show up on these readings. will also alter o2 sensor readings in that if maf shows x air, but engine is actually getting y air due to unmetered air, then the o2’s will go nuts.

#5 this is a vag com deal here simple as hell. easiest way to test it is to do it when car is cold. act out the procedure like you would to set readiness for secondary air. basic setting 77 iirc. has to be done cold!!!

pretty much did all that…found a few vac lines that where iffy and brittle replaced them thought i had it licked…but cam on with in a 100 miles…

gotta add guage to check fuel pressure

checking it with the autotap software vw shit is all gay shit dosnt show up im gonna have to get one of you guys to check it with this vagina com shit

the auto tap dosnt even show the mv for 02 sensor 1

pretty much did all that…found a few vac lines that where iffy and brittle replaced them thought i had it licked…but cam on with in a 100 miles…

checking it with the autotap software vw shit is all gay shit dosnt show up im gonna have to get one of you guys to check it with this vagina com shit

the auto tap dosnt even show the mv for 02 sensor 1 it only give me shit for sensor 2…

spangs… i’m around today

i’ll call you… hopefully you still have the same #

UGH!!!

ok changed coolent temp sensor…nothing…

changed fuel filter…nothing…

couldent get the drivce cycle to set enough monitors still would set 02 or 2nd air

so back to start one…mike and i from emage went back pulled the maf and actually took the maf out inverterd torx gay bolts…

sprayed the maf down was def still dirty…cleaned it up good…placed it back in cleared the code. went for a drive…

holy shit,bam monitor set monitor set monitor set 02 set…damn wholy shit…wing it back to the shop plug into emission machine bam

passed yeah bitch sticker me up…

drive all the home doing good awsome…

fire it up today no jerky motion doing good cruiseing BING light come back on same code…

my guess this maf is takeing a shit…since cleaning it real good allowed the monitors to set…

:x: watcha think??:blanyer: