Wagyu Beef@ Hyde Park Restaurant... Worth the $$$?

Going to Hyde Park tonight for a friend’s birthday and was wondering if anyone had tried the Wagyu beef there? I know its pricey (>$100 for 6 oz portion), thoughts?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

First I have to say I was not impressed with Hyde Park and secondly last time I was there a couple months ago they no longer offered Wagyu.

Nothing at Hyde Park is worth it with the exception of the high end liquor. Some are half the price of what you would pay at other comparable restaurants.

I read the american kobe was taken off the menu. Based on the replies I will pass on the wagyu. People we are going out with failed to make a reservation anywhere and we kinda settled on Hyde park as a last resort.

The wife and i tried hide park and honestly felt that the steak at mothers or left bank was 100x better and cheaper. I was not impressed and will not go back there ever again. food was not worth the price at all imho.

Russells ftw!

Friars Table FTW

Hyde Park sucks, as does the Chop House.

left bank or prime 490

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

LOL @ the faggots that go to hyde park. $30k millionaires, big ballin. Snooty Fox afterwards, LULZ.

Ended up trying one of the specials. It was a 50 day dry aged bone in strip steak (22oz).

I was pleasantly surprised. My steak came out perfectly cooked and tasted amazing. Had the half lobster cocktail as an appetizer which was also very good.

The guy whose birthday we were celebrating had to send his steak back as it was a hair under cooked for his liking, but ordering the 14 oz bone in filet well-done is a mistake in my opinion (or any steak for that matter). Overall the service was great. Creme brulee was sub par, but quickly replaced with another dessert at no cost.

I was impressed and would go back to Hyde Park again.

I honestly would not eat at a table with someone that orders well done steak.

I had a nice strip earlier this week at mothers. I still prefer Fiamma for a rib eye over most others avail in Buffalo.

hahahaha, so true!!

I had a really good meal at prime 490 as well. Very nicely set up and the service was nice and calm and not “bothersome” the way certain places can get.

IMO Fiamma is the best steak restaurant in Buffalo, also best bang for the buck.

I wasn’t impressed with Prime 490, it’s not that it was horrible, it was just over priced for what you got and I didn’t think it was anything special.

yea I don’t understand people who go to steak places and then order well done.

Hyde Park steaks tasted fine to me, guess your tastes are all more Baller than mine. :tif:

X…

If someone at my table ordered well done steak I’d serve them the sole of my shoe, change their order to medium rare, and eat both. They’d never know the difference.

Hyde park steak is fine.

Others are better. Some are MUCH better.

Agreed, however some people in this thread sound like the biggest snobs. I’m sure they all only eat the finest foods for dinner every evening. :ham:

X…

Agreed.