Wanted: Tortoise

I know this is a long shot but I’m looking for a russian tortoise. These things live longer than humans so I know there are a lot of owners out there that are bored of theirs.

Do you have a rabbit you can trade?

http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58790

lol… tortoise>turtles>rabbit

used to have one that someone gave up b/c they grew bored of it. gave it to a friend who was a reptile junkie and had a whole room full of tanks. post up on CL, someone’s bound to have one. i have a painted turtle, and a grow a frog that someone got tired of. my last red eared got out of his tank and booked it for cazanovia creed near my house… had him for years and year…

I just saw one at Pet Supplies plus across from the Galleria on Union.

Can;t you go just pull one out of a swamp or something?

tortoise and turtle are not the same… turtles are amphibious, tortoises are desert animals. we don’t have Russian tortoises in the US

My brother has a pair of tortoises.

I know one of them is named Dr. Shell

Thanks for the info.
I won’t buy one there. Most pet stores have wild tortoises. I would prefer a captive bread or at least just one that’s adopted. Pet store tortoises are usually malnourished because they aren’t given the proper food because fresh food is too expensive. If they do get fresh vegetables its usually iceberg lettuce which is very bad for them.

What kind? Mines name is Boris since he’s Russian

http://a614.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/54/l_9dc0c5d8dda65de5b3013b6940b42795.jpg

they both appear to be of the genus Testudo(Mediterranean tortoise) but Im pretty sure they aren’t the same species

They’re two wild and crazy guys.

^^^ LOL

check turtlesale.com always have good stuff.

Slightly overpriced and they are not bred in captivity.

turtlesale has a VERY bad rep amoungst the reptile community

I have a golden greek I might need to get rid of since I am moving

makin soup ey?;). I should introduce you to my grand mother. She cooks all sorts of weird shit.

Really i did not know that. I thought some one on here did business with them with good luck.

I would be very interested, if you do decide to get rid of your tortoise. do you know the sex?

its a male