Warm Up Your Car?

So, now that it’s getting cold…do you start n’ go, wait a minute or so or wait for the full warmup cycle??

Another ‘just curious’ poll.

Full warmup in the mornings, evenings it depends usually just a minute or two.

Journal Bearings.

…tis all i gotta say. …oh and anyone who starts there car and drives, is not very nice to their car.

I have heard of different schools of thought on the matter. Some people religiously warm up their cars for at least 5 mins before moving an inch. Another method I’ve heard is to wait 25-30seconds and then start driving, but keeping the rpms way low until water is up to temp. The reason for this, they say, is to get the oil pressure up as soon as possible, and also to warm up the driveline.

Personally I wait about a minute or so these days and then shift as early as possible for the next 5mins or so or until I see the water temp stable.

I leave it about 3-4 min the drive very softly for about 4 min, My babys old she needs to be treated nice

Some say wait 30 seconds for the pressure to build up and then drive. But with the cold in the morning the oil will be thick and wont lubricate properly until it’s a litte warm and thinner, then the oil can get into the bearings.
The most amount of damage happens at start up because of lack of pressure specially in cold weather. So if you start driving the car at high rpm’s you’re gonna damage the engine in the long run.

(HOW ARE YOU GOING TO DRIVE THE CAR ANYWAYS WITH A INCH OF FROST ON THE WINDOWS WITH OUT DEFROST).

I always let it warm up till the needle is at least up to or past the first line in the temp gauge.

It’s the smart thing to do considering it takes a min for the oil to circulate through the enigne and get everything lubed properly. The wife hates waiting but I tell her to friggin bad. I take care of my cars. “Wait till I turbo my car and you’ll really be pissed then!” :lol:

Anyways, take care guys.

Easy 8)

I like to let er warm up untill the ice on the windshield is melted, that’s is generally a good indicatot that she’s ready. thi svaries anywhere between 1 minute to 6 minutes, pending in the weather. this also goves the leather seats a chance to warm up so that my ass doean’t freeze.

ive got an autostarter so i start it up when im finsihing off breakfast in the morning then its ready to go when i get in the car heh. so about a minute or 2

Same here, too bad that I don’t think either of us will be driving these cars in the winter.

I fully warm her up. She likes deep kissing followed by heavy petting and light penetration.

I give it time for all the liquids to circulate where they need to be.

yeah.

are we still talking about cars here…cuz im getting slightly turned on :oops:

lol

in the morning i start her up then take my dog for a piss…this gives her about 5 min to warm up just right…and i never boot it in the mornings…no reason to hurry to get to school

Same here, too bad that I don’t think either of us will be driving these cars in the winter.[/quote]

Awww you guys treat your zenki’s like babies! Mine will be driven through the winter… just gotta get winter tires now.

Zenki for life!

I had a thread about this last year during winter.

Just warm your car for 1 or 2 min. And when you drive off, make sure
for the first couple minutes you don’t put a lot of stress on your drivetrain
by flooring the gas.

Just drive very slow and easy. I normally do this in the cold. Warm the
car for a good min or two (usually I wait inside and get ready or some
shit) and then when I drive off, I go real slow, keeping the rev to just
under 1000rpm in 1st gear. Usually I do this till I levae the housing
complex’ road.

And within 5min your car will be warm and running normal. I have tried
to leave the car running for 5-10min in the cold winter weather but it
really doesn’t do anything. You need to warm up your drivetrain as much
as you need to warm up the engine internals.

I have a remotoe start in both my 240’s and let them Warm up for min 10min before driving them.

EDIT: Just read Gautam’s Post and yeah, Defenatly Warm up your Drivetrin.
If not warmed up the Syncros get mashed up hardcore in the cold…

i go about a minute or two to warm up, usually until the idle drops to normal, it usually hops to 1800 and slowly comes down in the mornings.

when driving to school after that i NEVER rev over 3500, and usually keep it at 3000rpm until i get to school.