Remote starters, how do they work?!?? [split]

Actually, it is the exact opposite. It is better for a car to be warmed up before getting put through the “stress” of even daily driving. Exactly the same as keeping the RPM’s low during an engine break-in period… so I’m not really sure where you are getting your info from.

Hey…you may have a lot of “plus reps” but people who clearly don’t know shit about cars really should be on a car enthusiast site posting shit that they know nothing about…it is much better to have your car warm up and get the oil flowing through the engine and up to the head before your an idiot and start beating on ur car like a dumbass…so yea do a lil more research into what your posting trying to “no ruin” business before you write something that makes you sound so stupid

Yea im drunk and my post still sounds more intelligent than what you just put…everything spelled wrong and all

Hahaha I don’t have a lot of +rep cuz this site is infact very gay and full of plenty of people who really don’t know what they are talking about…I to am very knowledgeable…and if you didn’t mean to make things bad for business then y post something talking down about a service that someone is providing because in your opinion…yes opinion…not fact that it is bad for a car…so yes you should expect to be called out on something you have not backed up with proof

And its called open loop…not choke mode

And in that time it will go into closed loop…where the computer is actually taking readings from the sensors…and makes adjustments in air/fuel ratios etc…

P.s. thank you

Seriously? AMD is 100% correct on this one. It is NOT beneficial in any way other than to defrost your windows and heat your interior. That being said, in this fuckin’ state I am more than happy to idle my car while i brush my teeth in the morning.

Sent from my K1 using Tapatalk

Cool story bro…if were talking about our moms cars here…mine has a car with over 300,000 miles on it…and has had a car starter for over 10 years…never had an issue or clogged cat due to it idling up to temp…thanks for ur input though…I know he does great work…great friend of mine who does all my electrical wiring in my car and families…since were telling stories I live with him too

Cool story bro…if were talking about our moms cars here…mine has a car with over 300,000 miles on it…and has had a car starter for over 10 years…never had an issue or clogged cat due to it idling up to temp…thanks for ur input though…I know he does great work…great friend of mine who does all my electrical wiring in my car and families…since were telling stories I live with him too

I agree… past the 1 minute or so engine warm-up the only benefit is warming up the interior and windows (which is why 90% of the people get the remote starter) However letting it idle is not going to do any real damage to a vehicle either… unless you are sitting there letting it run for hours on end… but most remote starters have a time-out period of 20-30 minutes.

Yes, the vehicle will be in open loop during the warm-up period, but regardless of if it’s idling or driving once warmed up it will convert to a closed loop system which will correct the afr. I took a look in my wife’s Jeep manual and it does not say anywhere that it is bad to let it idle for any extended period of time. In addition, if it were really that bad for a vehicle, I highly doubt the factory would have a remote starter as an option… esspecially on a vehicle with a lifetime powertrain warranty.

With all that said, can a mod please move this to its own topic. Although it may be a good discussion in the great Shift fashion, I’d like to keep this thread strictly business related. I’m not asking to delete any of the posts b/c I have no interest in hiding any opinions / facts / beliefs, I would just like to keep this thread clean. Thanks.

No homo… lmao

And as for you jdaniels…how can you say he’s 100% correct on this one…where is your proof sir…tell how me it is so bad for a car to warm up to temp at idle…and hey just looked in an owners manual…happens to belong to my buddies wife for her jeep liberty…u know the one who does this bad for ur car installs…it says right in it that a remote start can be cosecutively started for 30 min to warm up to temp…that means twice in a row if u were confused…how’s that for finding it in the manual

Yup im a tool alright…if you want to talk shit you should really back it up before saying it…you make me laugh…you sir are the exact reason that I don’t come on or post on sites like this…you thin you know everything and supposedly don’t want to make something bad for business yet post it n e way…keep it to yourself…you sir are the tool

Hey Vlad…do me a favor and just ban me…cuz this shit is a joke

It takes a tool to know a tool