Remote starters, how do they work?!?? [split]

It also takes the correct tool to get shit done right the first time…u posted the shit knocking the installation of a remote stare thus putting a damper on business with the simple bias of it killed the cat in ur moms car supposedly with no actual proof…so if it was not ur intention to put a damper on things y did you bother posting at all…I’ve yet to see n e actual proof…just called me a tool

I believe the manual states that more for the added emissions… but even with the “unnecessary engine wear” my interpretation is simply that the more hours any engine has on it, the more wear it has. So by idling the car and not driving, you are adding unnecessary engine wear. That’s my view on it… I personally don’t take it as you are doing damage to the vehicle by letting it idle.

So u know who I am yet reference me as drew dude…Uve known I was a tool before this post but clearly do not know who I am…this is funny shit…I don’t know who u are on here…nor do I really care…ur post wast talking shit about a service being provided and then I contradict itself saying ir not trying to put a damper on business…so yea tell me how that works

Haha I will contnue drinking…cuz it makes no diffence…so your done talking shit until its split…can’t wait…but then again im not wanted here…its better that I stay away right…I too have a good understanding of engine management…im sure you and jdaniels do as well…all im saying is you can’t post something on a post with no actual proof…downtalking a service and then say oh but he does good work…and really I don’t think its n e concern of yours weather or not Vlad is getting his cut…the guy who OP as you say has no control over it being stickied…so what does that tell you…once again insert foot into mouth

And as for your post earlier about how you didn’t know you were talking to a genius such as myself referencing open loop as choke mode trying to speaking in laymens terms…aka taking down to me…who you claim to know long before this post and that im a tool…clearly you don’t know me or what I know…you just precieve to believe what you want and use one experience in life as your so called proof…your intentions may not have been to put a damper on business but the moment you start talking shit about something that is exactly what you are doing reguarless of your views of the installer as a person/his craftsmanship…thank you that is all

Friends sticking up for friends whilst consuming alcohol ITT.

Yup…beer muscles/e-muscles that’s what it is…yes im a great friend of his…got his back no matter what…do I sound stupid I some of these posts yes I do…miss spelling shit and all…but that doesn’t make up for the lack of proof in talking shit about something that you claim to not put a damper on business with…this sticky is there for a reason…to advertise a service…if you want to claim to know me…and that im a tool…go right ahead…if I cared I wouldn’t be posting still…the simple fact is he made a claim and you backed him up “100%” with no proof…will it cause more wear on the engine yes…as soon as you start ur car that’s wear on the engine weather ur moving or not…and even if you take off down the road ir car is still running in open loop until it reaches operating temp wear as it switches into closed loop…do we want to get into long term and short term fuel trim…oops once again I forgot…u know me…and I know nothing nor am I wanted here

wtf happened ITT?

drew buddy, nick’s not a bad guy man, he knows his stuff. but this topic can be debated one way or the other, really there is no good answer. and no one has ever done an research to prove one side of the other.

stories of “oh well this happened and it had a remote starter” or “it’s had a remote starter on it for years with no problem” these mean nothing. cars have a ton of issues without remote starters, so adding them onto a car just add’s another dimension of complexity.

hug?

Nick did come in Kenny’s thread and just say that remote starters can wear on a car. Really wasnt called for in a member’s FS thread, but having met Nick, dont think he meant any harm. And Drewdude has some sweet Honda seats in his vw lol

Brew im gonna kick u in the nuts when I see you tonight lol…im not saying that nick who claims to know me and how im a tool doesn’t know anything or isn’t knowlegable…merely stating the fact he came into a thread downtalking a service being provide and yet claimed that it wasn’t his intention to direct people away from doing it thus putting a damper on business…and your right you can’t prove it either way…but that’s just it you can’t prove what you are claiming and you have people backing you up 100% that you are correct…and so much for splitting the topic now…looks like I argued with myself last night a lol Haha…and yea I do have some pretty sweet honda seats in my pos vw lol

Not reading each post, but there are no reasons to wait to drive your vehicle after it’s built oil pressure, however heavy acceleration should not happen until the oil/water are near full operating temperature.

In practical application-

1)Aboard vehicle

2)Start engine

3)Fasten seatbelt

4)Start driving

Done, end of discussion.

I never let a vehicle warm up if Im the one paying for gas unless Im getting ice off the windows. I normally get in, start it and go.

At work Ill start the trucks and let them idle for hours without giving a shit since Im not paying for the gas/diesel.

The engines RPM’s should play a bigger factor on the lack of cold oil protection than engine load.

General consensus is around 60 seconds is enough to start driving the car.

Read your owners manual. I promise you that most manufacturers state that the vehicle should be driven to operating temperature, not idled. I was backing up Nick because that’s what he actually stated in his initial post and it is fully correct. It appears that Drew was trying to stick up for Kenny out of bro-code (blindly, I might add) when he clearly didn’t need him to. I can understand the bro-code, no hard feelings there. It just sucks that Drew decided that the best way to go about it was to call everyone idiots, etc. Oh well.

Manual likely goes by “ideal” circumstances just as for oil change intervals and air filter change intervals among many other OEM recommended numbers.

Bobistheoil.com crowd is well trusted as those guys get their jollies off by finding out the viscosity of each molecule at each temperature and having blackstonelabs on speed-dial.

Some of the debates they have are quite epic in the who’s the bigger geek sort of way.

with most american made cars now a days coming out with factory remote start options. even the OEM’s think it’s not harmful to the car.

most have a 15 min shut off switch and only a 2 start sequence before you need to go out and start the car yourself