WARNING! FRAUDULENT N-E-C-C USER

I just bought a Garett GT2871R turbo from Skylar Grassl, aka disco_240sx through the forums here. He is from Calgary. He told me that the compressor wheel was shot, but the turbo was otherwise ok. This is his exact wording in his PM to me.

I bought the turbo for $600 and he sent it to me. I just pulled the housings off, and then removed the compressor wheel and the center shaft. And to my disbeleif, the ballbearings come falling out of the CHRA on to the floor. I then messaged him and told him i wanted my money back and i would send the turbo back to him because it was not what he claimed. His response was, and i quote:

These are obviously very different stories. Anybody who knows anyting about turbos knows you cant just “rebuild” a ballbearing turbo, it is essentially the same price as buying a new one. So i have obviously been taken, and i am left with no turbo, and therefore cant run my car. I will be persuing possible legal action, but dont know what will happen. Just dont want anyone else to have to deal with this guy who obviously doesnt have enough of a conscience to do the right thing.

i “think” its just the one fan

i dont think you will get any moeny back. sold it to you busted. just didnt bother to check how busted. i think that would be your loss. i wouldnt give the money back. he told you it was no good.

If a bolt was not tightened and came loose landed in the intake wheel I would assume the damage would be real bad. :oops:

Who in their right mind would pay $600 for a turbine and compressor housing? Hes told me he didnt “think” there was anything else wrong, but then acted as if he knew the whole time that the whole thing was shot. And to clarify, he did not EVER tell me the thing was busted, that was a blatant lie. He was unloading a paperweight that he knew he couldnt use, and tried to cut his losses by screwing someone else.

A bolt came loose? That alone would have turned me off the turbo, regardless I agree that you did get fucked, he should at least refund you some money

so i think its just the one fan

Your so dumb to have baught that turbo…

All you can do now is learn from this mistake.

Yes it is true it was a dumb mistake and i have learned my lesson. Im not looking for any simpathy. Just a warning for others, dont make the same mistake.

Exactly, Think is only to his best knowledge, Which it could have, or couldn’t have been. Only he will know. I had the same problem when i sold someone a coil, they wanted the coil, plate, igniter and everything.

Be very careful with word like should, think, etc

hmmm I guess I’m not the only one to be “taken” over a turbo… On a side note, I bought a safc off disco a while back. have no complaints, worked good just as described. even drove 1 1/2hr out of his way to meet up…

He told you it was fucked, you know that you cant rebuild a ballbearing turbo… What is the complaint? It sucks but he did tell you what he was selling.

On another note im selling a gt2871r for $150…bearings are shot.

I would say if you still want a disco, call precision turbo and see how much a ceter section is …probably $800, so essentially you have a brand new turbo for $1400…Thats about what they go for anyways.

just don’t buy used turbos… EVER :lol:

lol what do you expect. 99% of people can’t properly tell what the exact problem is. i’m sorry he sold it to you as a busted turbo and you were actually dumb enough to pay that much. if he sold it to you as a working turbo without issues, than i would be on your side

sorry the truth hurts, but this was a bad buy on your part

You can rebuild ball bearing turbos. There is a couple places that do it and it is relatively cheap. Roughly $200 to do the center section.