Was bored last week...so i built a...*56k Dont Try*

wow… really nice job :tup:

and double :tup: for having the best type of dog EVER!!!

awesome job. i wish i had those skillz. :slight_smile:

very good job - looks great. stain looks nice with the roofing.

rockin :tup:

Good job. Bonus points for making it match your house.

nice job, good you used OSB (and you seem no stranger from woodworking). might I ask, did you use non-pressure-treated lumber in case she chews on it, or just didn’t think of it? I’d want something more water/weather resistant for wood going on/into the ground if possible, but obviously if it’s an issue w/ dogs’ health, wood can be replaced easier than a pet :smiley:

also - is the stained siding cedar?

You may not be a Carpenter, But thats Focking Nice as hell! Shit I’d take one, But I dont beleave in locking my dogs outside! “Just personal for me” But Really Nice job bro.

I specifically did not use treated lumber for the dogs health. Like you said, incase she chews it. As for the siding, i was going to go with cedar, but the pine planking was 1/2 the price, and i was trying to do this on somewhat of a budget.
The stain i used is redwood semi transparent deck stain. like i said before, it matches the stain on my shed and deck. The stain has a water sealant/protectant in it, but i will also thompsons water seal the whole thing for added protection.

as for locking the dog outside…it will only be during work hours so i dont have to run home and let it out at lunch.
also, if you read up on siberian huskies, they PREFER to be outside. They even prefer it more in the cold and snow. Its not unusual to find the dog laying UNDER the snow in the winter. With their double fur coat, they can withstand -75 degree temps. Based on this info, you can see how they would be “hot” in a house all the time.

Thanks for the compliments!!

something broken?

Is there an access point on that thing so you can go in there and clean from time to time? It looks friggin nice :tup: but, I’d hate to see you trying to squeeze through the hole cause you didn’t leave a side hinged for easy access!

no access door…and actually, being 6’5" i can get in there pretty easily lol.
cleaning it should not be a problem…if it becomes one, i can always cut a hole in the side and make a door…no biggie.
Thanks!