Washing in the winter

So right now it’s somwehere between “Hell frozen over” and “Siberia” outside.
Do you guys wash cars in this temp?
My car is covered in salt, and I am itching to rinse it, but scared to be frozen shut in it on the way home and I don’t have much food in the trunk besides some duct tape. Advice?

I imagine if you dry the car good including the Door jams you should be ok

I rarely wash my truck in the winter because its not worth it with all the salt on the road. Most of the time it would just be dirty again by the time I got home and Id be out $8.

and thats why your bedsides are rusting out

OP, just wait for a slightly warmer day, wash it early enough so that it doesnt have to sit wet overnight and itll be fine.

try using optimum no rinse, go to a diy bay and pressure wash the loose shit and then use ONR with a waterless wash as a presoak.

Went through Hoffmans today. Your doors won’t freeze…

I will go through the car wash over 10* and after they dry the car I wipe the door jambs and window seals with a towel. I know that the salt is inert and not harming the car at those temps but I am a salesman and I hate showing up with dirty vehicles.

i’m waiting for it to be slightly warmer to clean my car off, the fact that coffee spilt down the side is really pissing me off but i try to wash every other week in winter to keep the salt off, but i like it to be above 20 so i don’t have to deal with locks freezing.

I wash my cars once or twice a week in the winter. One of the advantages of working at a car dealership is access to a heated washbay pretty much anytime I need it.

wish my truck would fit through a drive through. I have a hoffmans 1 mile from my house. i’d get the $30/month unlimited and hit it every day

I wash our cars at least 1x a week. Go through one that has that auto dryer built in, then just wipe down door jams/seals with a towel.

i do take the car through a coin op wash and yes it freezes but i’d rather have frozen fresh water on the car than all the other crap.

I just went through yesterday… 6*. I immediately pulled it into my warehouse and let it dry out for a couple hours.

I have the Hoffmans unlimited. They dry the jams and such for me.

I went to Hoffman’s a few weeks ago and it was a giant clusterfuck. I was there for atleast a half hour and 7 different people either got into it or started to dry it. I didn’t like that, especially since they kept it running the entire time.