Watch out for this CL scam...

I got a reply to my truck for sale:

---- dan Q sherbahn <QdanWsherbahnQ@Msn.COM> wrote: > ** CRAIGSLIST ADVISORY --- AVOID SCAMS BY DEALING LOCALLY > ** Avoid: wiring money, cross-border deals, work-at-home > ** Beware: cashier checks, money orders, escrow, shipping > ** More Info: http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams.html > > is nice, when, where can I see the vehicle? any rust on? the title is clear? dan Q sherbahn . Sent from my PALM at : 04:23:55 > > > ------------------------------------------------------------------ > this message was remailed to you via: sale-6vjtz-2338588562@craigslist.org > ------------------------------------------------------------------

when you reply to it it CC: dan Q sherbahn <D.steven3r@insightbb.com>

shortly after my reply I got a message:

Thanks for your email but why is your car listed for 3,800 with same details here: http://littlerock.cralgsIist.org/cto/2318586104.html Can you please tell me if this is the same car we are talking about. Is this a scam? If this is the correct price I will come and bring you cash only face to face transaction. Check the posting and if possible let me know today so we can get the ball rolling.

Sent from my iPhone

notice the URL: CralgsIist.org :rofl Since I am on a work pc anyways, I clicked on it. :lol

it brings you to a shady log on page:

http://shift518.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3729&stc=1&d=1303479313

From here retards would put their username and password for CL in and it would save it off to his site. So I put in a botched up username and password. and I get forwarded off to a fake ad for a 2002 Kia Sportage! lol yeah same car as mine with the same price and details. LOL

Shady, Dave, other computer nerds want to try to crack his site?

I clicked the link and was wondering why CL is asking me to login to view.

Tell you the truth, didnt even notice the “.org”

It’s supposed to be .org, but it’s not supposted to be craigsiist.org.

oo good one

Not even

It’s “cralgs” :lol

yeah I replied back.

“Nice try fucker. I would like to let you know I work for a government agency in the IT field, poor target for your bullshit IMO. Just to let you know I put a bullshit username/pwd in there for your site to save off to its database full of retards, and I am selling a ford ranger, not a kia… in NY not Colorado either. And BTW, whos Cralg?”

LOL no reply back.

Phishing for user names and passwords, hoping you use the same ones for eBay/PayPal and email addy. Well played, Scammer, well played.

Wonder what kind of database he’s storing the data in. Could always try injection to fuck that up

EDIT: Just saw he uses PHP…who knows MySQL?

In English? :lol

fuckin krazy kid trying to scam people and SHIT

When clicking that link, Chrome is all “dude, gtfo of here, bad news.”

best reply to one of those scamers ever

annd hers another one. for a 04 IS300 with 89K for $3250! lol about 8K less than it should be.

last reply from the scammer.

Please take a few moments and read my email carefully, I know it is long, but because I received too many emails, I will explain all the details about the truck and the transaction.
At the moment I’m stationed in Brooklyn, NY . making final preparations before deploying to Iraq with the U.S. Convoy. The truck is already at our Military Logistic Department form Fort Belvoir, U.S. Army base near Brooklyn, NY, crated and ready to go. The Logistic Department will deliver the truck to your home. The shipping is free for you. Since the truck is in a military base, with no access you can not go there and take it, only the Logistic Department can deliver it, because the truck is in their custody. Shipping may take anywhere between 2 to 4 business days depending on the destination. All documents you need for ownership, manuals and bill of sale will be provided along with the truck. For the payment I would like to use eBay as a third party. They will keep your money into a protection account until you get the truck and will release it to me after inspection period is over and you agree to keep it. So, this is not a blind transaction, you can see the truck before committing to buy and to eliminate any concerns you will have 7 days to inspect it. If you decide not to keep it eBay will refund you the money, no questions asked, and shipping back will be my concern. I think this is more than fair for both of us.
If you’re interested to conclude this purchase in a timely manner email me your Full Name and Shipping Address to open a case with eBay they will contact you to explain the entire procedure. I’ll start the official procedure, and eBay will contact you about this. You’ll receive important guidelines + instructions from them in the next 24 hours.
Thanks and take care.

— On Wed, 4/27/11, xxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Subject: RE: 2004 LEXUS IS300 For sale - $3250 (albany )
To: “Margaret Hill” <margaret_hill1971@att.net>
Date: Wednesday, April 27, 2011, 6:28 PM

Where is it located in Albany? I could come see it tomorrow if you are around.

Thanks
Mike

Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2011 2:26 PM
To: Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: 2004 LEXUS IS300 For sale - $3250 (albany )

Hi,

Up for sale is a perfect 2004 LEXUS IS300. I want to be honest with you, the car is in perfect condition and runs great has 80,400 miles, Manual, title clean. No damage, no scratches, never involved in an accident, clean title, never been wrecked and is in the same shape as the pictures show. This car has always been kept inside the garage through the winter months. This car has been extremely well maintained with a full service history. Bought it when i was serving in U.S. Army base near Brooklyn, NY.
I have dropped my price to $3,250 (purchase price) since this is an Urgent Sale! and I need to sell it before 04th May when I will be deployed in Iraq with my platoon replacing the troops scheduled to come home.
If you’re interested to conclude this purchase in a timely manner email me your Complete Name and Shipping Address to open a case with eBay they will contact you to explain the entire procedure.
The financial part will be managed by them, which means that you will have a 7 days inspection period before committing to buy the car. In this way both, buyer and seller are 100% covered during the steps of this transaction.
Hope to hear from you soon,
Sgt. nurse Margaret Hill

PS: for more pictures of the truck, see my album: http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k630/margaret_hill197/