Water in backseat?!?!?!

I have a 96 a4 2.8 and today when getting something out of my backseat I discovered standing water through the carpet and mat in the backseat driverside floor. No where else is the car wet, so I have kinda ruled out a heater core because it would leave the moisture more in the front of the car (atleast in past experience) The other weird thing is the past few times when I have gotten in the car after a rain or wash, It sounds like a waterfall above my head on the outside of me. Is it possible that my sunroof is taking water in, and a weep hole or something is plugged and its draining into the car as opposed to outside?

Thanks much http://audizine.com/forum/images/smilies/confused.gif http://audizine.com/forum/images/smilies/a4fan.gif

the drain for the sunroof goes down the front a pillar and exits out by the drivers side front door hinge IIRC. hence the reason you hear running water over your head … iev heard this same noise before on audi’s that did NOT have a drainage problem

this tube attaches to the sunroof @ the front corner of the sunroof, and i think that if it was loose, the water would run down the headliner and A pillar trim onto the drivrs front floor area

but that said, its possible that the sunroof is leaking elsewhere, running down the b pillar and onto the rear floor, might be a good idea to pull the lower b pillar trim and check if its wet in there

Checking the B pillar is tomorrows activity, I heard that the audis have both A & B pillar drains.

now that i think about it, it should have a drain on both the drivers and pasangers side A pillar, i dont remember ever having to mess with any b pillar drains while doing t-boned cars …

if you look at the hinge pillar for the front door youll see the drain , its a rubber dognut that comes to a point sort of like a straight blade screw driver, … its ment to seal itself shut when theres no water attempting to get out

hose of the car real good, then pop the front doors open to see if anythings draining out, you might have to flush the tubes out, ive seen a few get clogged … but thats out of 20 cars a week for 5 years …

There probably is a drain at all 4 corners. I don’t know for sure though. Bring it by and we’ll force some air though them.

im trying to remember if there are rear drains, but its been a while since i had an audi sunroof in front of me

i think in the ebay image below, the pegs at the rear of the tracks are rear drains, but i cant remember where they actualy drain … if i had to guess they run around the rear wheel sheilds and exit either in front of or behind the rear tires ?

Sounds good buddy…sometime this week :tup:

do you clean your shoes off before you get into the car? could just be a build up of melted snow…

Yeah, I am pretty sure its not

thats how my lincoln was setup :slight_smile: :tup:

I’ve got a problem like this. my driver side all the way back to my driver side back seat gets soaked every time it rains… it’s gotta be coming from my sunroof. I had numerous people look at it but they can’t find the leak. I have to take it to a collision shop but i have no idea how much it’s gonna cost to find that little leak…

factory sunroof or aftermarket?

factory

could have a leak in the floorboards if it happens while the road is wet :gotme: happened on my 240

I figured it out and it is remedied…sucked a solid 2 gallons out of the car and squeezed the foam padding as dry as I could…heat gunned it for about 2 hours and now I have the floor blowers on high/high all the time i drive.

For the record…it was not the windows, sunroof, floorboards, weep holes.

what was it ?

A certain person on here who will remain nameless helped out and installed my amp and sub. This person forgot to seal around the grommet he ran the wire for my amp through 2 MONTHS AGO!!! And since i havent played around under the hood I failed to notice. But resolved and I am happy once more.