Wet Passenger Floor

The other day when it rained real hard I got a good bit of water on my passenger floor. I have rubber floor mats and there was an overflowing amount on it…and a ton went onto my carpet. I shopvacced most of it out and thanks to decent weather on Sat it is pretty much totaly dry. My question where can it be coming in from and how do I fix it. I was thinking the heater vent? Keep in mind it was all water and no coolant…so that would eliminate the heater core right? Any help will be appreciated.

You have ttops?
:doh: I was thinking the TA. Thats right it doesnt move :slight_smile:

winshield seal, moon roof, t tops, seal around door glass, any wiring passing thru the door jamb such as nav antenna wire, or sat, radio wire? clogged drain tube for moon roof, or t tops, ( i dont know what you drive)

It is a 98 Grand Prix w/o moonroof. Is there a drain that can be clogged infront of the windshield?

Same thing happened to my S-10 last week. Only on the driver side, so I guess it’s the door seals. The driver side seat was wet but not the passenger side. That’s the only time it’s ever happened.

Last week ( thursday ) was a pretty violent rain. The sunroof in the exploder was leaking also. never occured before that either

I had a new door put on when it was wrecked into. I checked the carpet right around the door it it seemed dry. There was a ton of water on the rubber floormat so it overflowed…so I am thinking it is coming from firewall/cowl area

true or sunroof drain needs cleaned or came off

i had a problem in the same spot when i first got my car… it was the taillight gaskets that were wore out… I guess it just filled the spare tire hole and overflowed under the carpet to the front… it was crazy… it was fixed within the first week i had it

But the thing is I have rubber floormats and the water was overflowing from them…so it had to some from above…but your problem did sound really wierd

theres a piece of weatherstripping that goes bad behind that plastic piece that the windshield wipers rest on. check that.

Guy i play hockey with has the same problem in his 00 GTP. ill see if i can find out what he thinks his problem is

:bigok: clubgp ftw…I hope

i know…i was just trying to be a smartass. thats probly what it is though.

im gonna bet on the rubber rain deflector under the plastic piece that presses against the windshield. it usually falls off n lets rain into the blower motor, and then on the floor. i jus took the plastic piece off and spray glued the rubber strip back on. no leaks anmore

Thanks…I will try that…so what should I do about the blower motor? Is it easy to get to?

u wont have to do anything to the blower motor. it is the cowl cover. it is held in with a bolt and 2 screws. it justs lifts out n u will need to reposition the rain deflector under it on the body of the car. u will see wut i mean when u get the cover off.

this seems pretty common in earlier gp’s

chad -ask tom or ed in the body shop but im pretty sure gps leak through the door if the vapor berrir isnt atachhed right.
bics if its on the same side you just had work on i would pull the door panel off and check that and water test it.

another thing to do is pull down the cover under the glove box n see if that is wet. that is the blower motor behind the glove box.