Water injection......

so does anyone run water injection on their turbo cars…?

What are some opinions on it?

I have been looking at this here kit http://www.alcohol-injection.com/universal-base-alcohol-injection-kit-p-8.html

I have this one http://www.alkycontrol.com/ in my typhoon and I love it, during the summer I had intake temps around 55 degrees when it was like 80 out.

really, maybe i should get my typhoon one?
how hard to install and tune?

Water injection is a pretty good way to keep things cool. Heres an analogy you can relate to. Its kinda like when you are eating wings that just came out of a fryer and are scalding hot, the best way to instantly cool your mouth is to drink a sip of cold water. Same principle with your motor.

I’m going to throw out there that a properly built fuel system will not ‘need’ water injection.

http://www.alcohol-injection.com/images/Install.jpg
turbo dodge ftw

this is also true.

Although that’s true, some of that fuel is cooling the intake charge. I read a guy’s review once that showed injecting water before the intercooler made a significant difference from injecting it after.

I had Devils Own alky kit on my GTP twop years ago becasue i dropped pulley sizes,nothing but problems with the hose breaking. I unhooked it one day and scanned and found out i had no KR so i took it off and sold it. Some like em some don’t.

well I really need to cool my intake charge… being that the car is a mid engine its kind of hard to get the most efficient intercooler… I just bought a w2a intercooler thats basicly a top mount… but still would need all the help I can get…

The install is rather easy the instructions that come with it are really indepth, as for tuning it thats a whole other story you have to play around with fuel pressure,spark plug gaps alot to get it right.

doesnt that “snorkel” you have direct air right at an intercooler?

if it doesnt, can you modify it so you can?

water/alky injection really helps. dont need to add/run race gas in the tank too when running higher boost amounts. cooler intake charge is always good and it does its job well, dont worry about having such a great intercooler either. alky is great for cars that dont have alot of room for a nice intercooler or dont have good location that will provide airflow to intercooler

I’d go for it man

get the snow kit its a good one

do it , run the meth not just water though. as it will increase ur knock threshold as well as cool the intake charge. more boost!!!

You’ll still make more power on race gas with the ability to add loads more timing.

definately true, whenever he decides he wants to go to the track and give it all it has, then crank up the boost, and race gas and add the meth and it will make more power

i’m just talkin about street driving… 93 oct. the meth will allow him to make more street hp while on street boost since he can boost higher.

its a win win situation for track and street use. more power everywhere

^^ correct.

cant wait to see the new mr2 in action…even tho i’ll be seein tail lights