Water sound in Grand Prix

I can hear water sloshing when I pull out from a stop. Sounds like it’s behind the dash. Heater core issue? Maybe air in the system? I should probably check the coolant level as a start.

Other thought was maybe something with the AC condenser?

sounds like heater core leak. lift the carpet up front & see if water is under there.

alot of cars do that,some it no a problem,check the drain under ur hood for ur a/c box,it may be clogde

You talking about the rubber 90 degree hose on the firewall? If so I read that is common to get clogged too. It is super easy to find and check.

Is it high enough that if I pull it off things won’t start to drain?

Maybe it’s “all washed up!” ah…ha…ah…hahaha!

Well draining is what you want it to do. It is a 3-4" 90 degree tube on the firewall on the center-passenger side. Pull it off and see if ti is clogged.

My 06 Impala is having the exact same thing. Has lost some coolant over time as well. I’ll have to check it out too.

Oh, we’re talking about the A/C drain, I was still thinking heater core.

I found it but I can’t get it off. It doesn’t seem clogged, at least not the opening, but I’ll have to try to get it off to be sure.

I was thinking maybe air trapped in the heater core? :dunno: Is there anywhere to bleed the cooling system on these cars? The coolant level was full at the neck, but it was still warm, so I should probably check that when it’s cool too.

let it go,i here that noise in alot cars,just check the drain

wiper cowl usually has a drain that gets clogged

Yeah I was thinking of that.

Pretty sure it’s noise from the heater core. Started it in the garage, revved it, and heard the noise, so it must be the pump speeding up and pushing the coolant through.

Coolant was a little low so I added some, which is more disturbing than the noise since it had to go somewhere. Don’t notice any leaks. How much coolant (the water part) loss is normal over 4 years?

did your wife leave a water bottle in the glove box?
I have to ask… did you look?

did you read the post before yours. he started it in his garage and heard the noise, i doubt a water bottle would make that much noise without the car moving(or even moving for that matter).

maybe the sound of the b2’s sonic boom shook the bottle, thus causing the noise?

I doubt it caused the noise, but may be responsible for the loss of hearing :rolleyes:

when i had a 4 door car one of the back doors filled up with water because the drain was clogged. i never used those doors much so i didnt realize it for a while… i think there was about a gallon of water that came out when i opened up the drain.

:rofl:

hahah:blue: