Waterfront Property

What are the names of the places by the water down the 190?

I know they are building the condos but those won’t be done for a while. What are the names of the town homes/apartments down that way tho. I checked out the towers by Harrys and the Marina but those are all subsidized.

Thanks

“Rivermist” by the marina. If you are looking to buy there, don’t.

X…

Is that the ones by Harrys? The multiple towers? That one I have heard is shitty.

I looked at Buffalo Place and was on the website for Waterfront Place Townhomes and Condos which are nice but everything says its in the future, nothing about how its open yet.

god i wouldent buy anything down there by the tiolet.

No, the 3 floor “townhouses” that are right near Shanghai Red’s

X…

alot of those townhouses down by the water off the 190 are in the 590-800k price range, i saw a few up on the MLS a while ago. the good news is they dont have any property taxes for the next 10 years.

The places they are building right now are projected 300-1.5 m when completed…

yeah imo our water front isn’t sweet enough to live on, let alone pay that kinda dough for. the cheaper nice ones still go for 300-350. you can buy a baller mansion in clarencer center for that dough. or in upper niagara county with a view of TO.

Thats why I would really like an apartment. For 300k I can get a very nice place in a suburb and the view isn’t worth that much since its only nice out 3 months out of the year.

That tower by Harrys is sweet but its all for poor people. I cant believe they wasted waterfront towers on low-income families.

LOLZ You have to love Buffalos philosophy of doing things… “Hey lets give the poor people water front property”. This city is so ass backwards…

That made me LoL… I hate Buffalo.

The towers by the naval park (and from what I’ve heard the ones by Harrys) used to be luxury, high end apartments. But their were lawsuits or threat of lawsuits way back in the day claiming that they were racist and wouldn’t rent to African-Americans… so they had to change their “policy.” Over the years since then they have turned into what you see today.

OMG YOU SAID “THEY”

lol.

yea, the buildings at the end of hertel are shit. mostly section 8 peoples. At least, that was the case ~10 years ago.

I’m pretty sure you have to pay Property Tax when you live on Rivermist.

Xander,

Why should you not buy on rivermist?

they only have mentally disabled, recovering crackheads,and old people. i used to do cable there

the new ones going up are called the Waterfront Condos…There are nice ones in that area…the really nice ones are uber $$$$$$$$…my office separates the two sections…the towers right in front of the naval park are subsidized…the nice ones are heavily patrolled and security is everywhere at night

someone fill me in how those places can go for that much when your neighbors are crackheads and such.

Yeah I think the naval park ones were going to be sold by the city of buffalo. Not sure what ended up happening. Most of those apartments were occupied by elderly residents.

I was talking to some people I work with who are in their 50s and the guy said his dad helped build and manage the apartment towers by harrys and they were at one time luxury apartments. I guess he got out of it when he sold his share or something it went downhill.

Any places in the area, doesn’t have to be the city that have nice views and available to rent? I am looking for a 1 or 2 bedroom apartment or townhouse with either a view/balcony or waterfront of some type.

The buildings were designed wrong, from the roof down. They were not designed to see the amount of Wind and water that they do. The long and short of it is that there is water on the inside of most of the walls, and no way for it to escape.

x…