Watervliet + Statie = How Bad?

Because its one more thing an officer has to deal with when stopping a car. No one wants to be pulled over. An officer doesn’t know who he is pulling over.

Not to mention the safety issue. I had 2-1/2% on my rear windows and 5% on my sides of my Civic years ago. Looked cool. But I almost hit a guy in a cross walk so I ripped it off.

Have you ever watched a cop when he pulls someone over? Notice how they touch a part of your car to leave a fingerprint? Must be a conspiracy.

It’s an Eastern European thing. :lol

I’m sorry, but that’s just dumb dude (not your response but their likely reasoning behind it which is probably the same reason you gave). The BEST thing to do if a cop wants to see EVERYTHING is to lower the windows (which is why I do it automatically). I feel it puts them at ease and to be honest, given how many times I’ve been stopped and how I’ve made out…I’d say it works.

Yes I have noticed this. I don’t see how touching the car will help them knowing what’s going on inside though? Tint or no tint.

Are your hands out the window too?

Why do cops get to type on laptops while driving and we can’t text? Why can they open carry in NY?

Nope lol, but they are in visible (on the wheel most of the time).

And actually, that’s a good question. I guess they are superior human (or Robocops!?) beings who can handle multi-tasking. God knows no other citizen can. :dunno

As for open carry, I think that’s self explanatory :lol

Let’s compare apples to apples here.

People still tint cars?

Touch the car, leave a finger print, cop gets shot and killed, proof your car was there or one more thing to link you there.

Makes sense.

:rofl

Yet again, common sense can save you from getting shot in the face if you are a cop approaching a car with tint.

“Driver and any passangers, please roll down all your windows and put both hands out the windows and on the roof of the vehicle” demanded over the patrol car loud speaker by the officer.

Use the tools your given to keep you safe.

• dash cam that comes on the second you flip the lights on.

My buddy palms the taillight on every car he pulls over, heck I even caught him walking by his own car once and doing it! lol Instinctivly he did it he said hahah.

PISS! PISS OUT MY ASS!

Just my $0.02 for reference:

Moved up here from FL. Civic had 15% on all windows except the windshield. Illegal in FL or NY. Had for years in FL with no issue (includes some traffic stops - no tickets). Also note i grew up there and every car was tinted the same; 15% front and back over 10 years no issues. Move up here and had FL plates for a year and no tickets. Switch to NY plates and get 2 tint tickets in two or three months. Was pulled over for nothing else but tint.

My traffic stop routine with tint was this (happens regardless of weather): stopped, engine off, all windows down (before coming to a stop), and at night all dome lights on + headlights on. Both hands on wheel. All movement by me was announced to cops (where paperwork was located). Safety was not an issue. Always ticketed. BS

I can buy the safety thing if people create a problem. But if people go out of their way to remove the issues all together then the offices discretion should over rule. Not the case up here, tickets are $150-$250 in my experience (depends on the county). And you get two tickets: one for the front windows and one for the back. Complete money grab IMO.

every time ive ever been pulled over i shut my car off, roll my window down before he/she approaches and put my hands on top of the steering wheel or put both on door and just wait for the next command. i dont shuffle for anything, my wallet is always in my console infront of the shifter… make their lives less stressful and they will make yours less stressful as well…

My Tahoe was tinted with 5% over the factory tint on the cargo area- dark as shit, with factory 18% on the rear doors and 35% on the front doors. With NC plates, I never had an issue, anywhere. I also was never bothered by bright headlights behind me while driving and could see anything I needed to see at any given time while driving, day or night. The only time I ever had an issue was backing up in dark areas at night, and then I just rolled my front windows down. When I had the TA tinted up here, I had 35% on the front and 20% on the back. I’m kinda glad now they did a shit job and I had it taken off because next time it gets tinted, it will be darker. Legal tint in the south is generally 30-35% on the front windows, depending on state and is not dark AT ALL from inside the vehicle IMHO. It’s also MUCH cheaper to get a vehicle tinted down there too and a receipt book from Walmart will generally get you off the hook on a tint ticket. This state is ridiculous when it comes to tint and guns- all the more reason I can’t wait to leave.

I always park as obnoxiously as possible when an officer of the law wants me to pull over (if there is public land on the shoulder, pull onto the grass) and then spin the tires when pulling away from the stop. This can be done regardless of whether or not the officer issues a ticket. Don’t do this if you just washed your car though, because the tires will kick up mud onto your car.

Best way to tackle it IMO.

a person doesnt have to roll his window down all the way and put his hands on his roof during a normal traffic stop.

A gun can be anywhere whats your point? Under the seat, in the console, in his pocket

I just told you theres a safety issue with tint at night and not being able to see out the windows well, so its not a revenue issue its a safety issue.

Safety issue seeing out at night? I have no problems. You need to either get your eyes checked or stop assuming everyone is as blind as you.

:lol

You’re retarded.