Watkins Glen camping anyone/meet?

So as of right now, me and skurge are looking into camping at Watkins Glen state park. Just seeing if anyone would be interested in going as well and make a meet out of it.

No set date right now as of when we are going to go.

Just figured I’d toss the idea out there and see if it’s an interest to anyone on the site and to possibly then set up a meet.

I went there camping with the girlfriend last year.
Was def pretty fucking sweet.
Froze my nuts off and night.
Roasted my ass off during the day.
Good time ;D

Until the girlfriend got really sick, and we had to leave 2 days early that I already paid for -.- doh.

there’s a race there…dammit i just saw it last night in the subaru magazine…june 4-5 i think it was…i’ll double check later though

grand-am sport compact race i think…something like that, anyway…the subaru legacy teams will be there :slight_smile:

you know i’m in for this

should post this on NYT also, they might make the trip out

im down if you want to do that as well then. like i said, see when a race is and we can set up the date for that weekend

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67562

A whole bunch of us will be there for 4th of July.

Yeah yammers, come along with me, tartar and Nick!

soo, if i wanted to go but didnt want to drive around the track or bring my car in there to pay the 200, how much would it be to go then?

edit: also whats going on for the night time? is this a one day event or are people camping somewhere?

Was I drunk when I agreed to this? :mamoru:

Find someone else who wants to bring their car and split it with them since the package comes with 2 tickets. The price would be about $100 then, not including camping though. There are a ton of things planned at night at the track. It’s a whole weekend (Fri, Sat, Sun) but no one I know of is camping a the Glen Park campground as of yet. There is camping at the track for $120 and sleeps 7 people.

I’ll be posting more info in a bit once everything is in place.

there ya go yambags, if Nick doesn’t wanna go you can come with me

i almost would rather put the money towards an intake or lowering kit. lol i know one way or another I’m going to go camping at watkins glen, which is my main objective this summer, i really like the falls and hiking there. i have not been t here since i was much younger.

as for buying a ticket for an actual racing even, i would be fine with sitting in the bleachers if its cheaper. again I’d rather spend the money on the car. but there is still a possibility of this.

I usually camp there for the wine festival at the end of july. There’s a shuttle from the state park campground to the festival that’s like $10 round trip. No worries about driving. wake up, go to the festival, drink, come back, cookout and drink.

my aunt n uncle have property about 10 minutes from the state park. I walk the glen just about every year. It’s defiantly something cool to check out if you’ve never been there before. And make sure you sit next to the big talking Indian across the street at the gift shop! haha

bump! just wanted to update this, i know a lot of you are going to watkins glen for the meet that is hosted on here i think by onyx. just wanted to inform anyone interested, there is a meet setup for just camping and hiking at watkins glen on june 26-28, just looking to see if anyone may be interested. $23 a night for a tent site, up to 6 people per site, 2 cars, 2 tents. we will be playing beer pong, hoping for some football, frisbee, hiking, more beer.

if you are interested, post in here, or pm me. right now we have about 6 sites/groups of people that are in on this from another forum.

edit: we are booking the sites this weekend, so anyone interested try and figure out asap, due to trying to get everyone in the same area.