Weird Electrical problem

Ok so here it is. This morning i started up my car and drove for 5 minutes. Then i noticed my Right indicator light on the dash was lit up. Now i didnt hit the switch or nothing so i found it odd. I arrive at work and notice my

-2 front indicator lights
-1 rear indicator light

was on, not flashing just a constant glow. So i turn the car off and 5 seconds later my apexi avc-r controller and the indicator light turns off. I walk into work.

3 hours later my co-working tells me that i left my lights on. So i go outside and the 3 lights i mentioned were on.

So i unplugged the battery and that was that.

When i finish work, I plug the battery and the right indicator lights turn on and off constantly. There is a strong tic in the engine bay as if a relay is busted or something. So i do some snooping looking for the possible problem but cant find it.

Now i just realised while writting this that it could very well be a relay inside the engine bay but where would that be located? I checked the fuse box but there is no relay’s for the indicator lights.

Any input would be great.

Thanks guys

no buddy?

bad ground

your going to need to trace the grounds
or add a couple of new ones
farmer

A ground eh. Im going to take a look in the coming days. I have a question tho.

I cant find my friggin relay box, Its supposed to be under the intake but its not there. I followed the wiring in the engine bay and yet i still cant find it. Im hella confused.

Could be wrong but I think I have some relays (or what looks like a mulitple relay box) in behind my battery. Had the batt out last week and noticed the box(s) there before I put the Batt back in. 1990 S13

Its not there. Ill double check tho.

I found somthing interesting tho. The wiring harness in the wheel well has some corrosion on it. I dont have wheel wells so im guessing the last coupe of days in the rain,snow and salt may have something to do with that. Im gonna remove the fender replace the wires that need it re tape it and see if it fixes my problem.

LoL I got off my lazy butt n checked, my car (90 S13) has a 3" x 5" long box with fuses and 3 relays inside which sits right next to the battery looking from the battery towards the fire wall. And Salt, yea good conductor LoL.

Yeah i have that fuse box it has 3 relays but there should be a seperate relay box somewhere else in the engine bay. Thankfully i dont need it. I removed the bumper and fender and re wired the wiring harness from where it was caroded. It solved my problem. So im going to celebrate with a nice cold brew.

Thanks for the input much appriciated.

Simon

Grats! Have one for me 2 :slight_smile: