Went out for a gallon of milk...

…and got 1.8L :wtf:

:smiley:

Noicee :tup:

you got my number. lemme know if you need a hand.

nice! congrats :tup:

In on page 1, at least the project is coming along though. :tup:

Nice, Good luck on the project

good deal man! i heard u were picking it up, i was at the shop before he came to meet up with you. lets get it in n do some drifting with that bitch. you need any help let me kno

nice, dave. looks good. u gonna teardown before install? or did u do comp. check or anything>?

where’s the pics of the new turbo?

i need to start shopping at the TOPS in buffalo, geeze.

Dairy business is booming this time of year.

congrats dude

I’m doing a full tear down. Check the bearings for excessive wear. Check the cam lobes for excessive wear. Varun said the compression was fine when he checked it. After that things like oil pump, water pump, timing belt, timing tensioner and all the gaskets will be replaced. And before anyone ask I’m going to do a metal head gasket and head studs when I get the bigger turbo in a couple months.

Most excellent. :tup:

what gasket are you planning to use? i know alot of guys were having issues getting metal hg’s to seal on these engines, seems like more ppl had success running an oem gasket with some copper spray and arp’s. you most likely alrdy know this, but ya

and id say just put it in and fire it up, get in running any everything first, if you end up having issues then rebuild it, or wait till it blows up, then rebuild it

For now I want to run Fel-Pro gaskets. A lot of people seem to have issues with the metal head gaskets because they don’t follow a proper torque sequence.