Went shooting today...

All shots taken with a 30-30 using 170gr. Winchester rounds @ 100 yards with a 4x scope. :smiley:

This target is 6"
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/tallywhacker/1108081341.jpg

the dots are about 1" wide.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/tallywhacker/1108081341a.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/tallywhacker/1108081409.jpg

:tup:

JEG, I don’t know you, nor am I making fun, but…

As soon as I saw the thread title, before I even saw who started it, I was like, this must be a thread by JEG. Sorry, it just made me laugh.

lol its all good. I’m just happy with my shooting today. Thats pretty fuckin accurate considering its only a 4 power scope and you cant even see the dots when you cover them with the cross hairs. I borrowed a Marlin lever action 30-30 from a friend of mine for deer season because me and my dad are going down to the Alfred area. You can hunt center fire riffle down there for deer. Up here its only legal to use center fire on like woodchucks and shit.

someone needs to practice on their trigger control … not to bad other than that.

it is a 30-30 but still with a 4X at 100 yards you can do a little better

And I didnt know about this why?
I need to get better with the .243 and .22 and shotgun

Bench shooting? If so moar practice. If standing, not that bad.

lever action 30-30’s are siqqqqqqqqqq.

See also: Night of the living dead. 30-30 in action right there! hahaha

cool

Solid man if you’re telling the truth. 30-30s are baller fun to shoot, the pure mass of that round is nuts. I got some pics of me and Josh (bergio) shooting a .17hmr at those exact targets from about 90-100yards, I’ll post them up. Do you throw a small flag up by the targets to judge for wind? That can help a lot, especially at that distance.

edit: Freek, you better be a professional rifleman if you’re going to throw out criticism like that. How do you know it’s his trigger control? He could be squeezing an accutrigger like a pro and still have discrepancies like that. Don’t blow smoke just to make yourself seem knowledgeable.

i think i know i thing or two about shootin me some gunz.

Here’s an oldie but a goodie.

Actually to clear it up . The second two your putting them all within a 1" circle? and the first one is you zeroing?

i’m thinking the first is your three round shot group

oh snap. where can I get me an M1A as sick as that? only automatic that can truly be called a sniper rifle, IMO. :smiley:

it’ll let you borrow one for free. By the way what are you doing the next 6 years of your life? :wink:

it’s an actual original M14 made back in the 60’s still in the US Army inventory.

Why the targets got to be black huh?

You practicing for something?

JK nice shots.

Haha, nice. I used to want to be a USMC Sniper.

Marine Corp. Sniper? sure looks like it…

Those shots were at a bench rest. The thing is, at that distance with a 4 power scope, you cant even see the dots when the cross hairs are on them. Its sweet when the riffle goes off then half a second later you hear the thud of the bullet hitting. With the larger target, you can see it, but not very well. I’m by no means a pro shooter. Ive only put a few boxes through this gun. I’m used to shooting smaller caliper ammo such as a .22 and .22 mag at 50-75 yrds. The extra 75 feet makes a big differance through a scope. All in all i am very impressed with this gun. At that range you only have to move a cunt hair and you’re off target by an inch. I’m falling in love with riffles now lol. I have a side by side doublr barrel 12 gage and a Mossberg 835 deer gun with a riffles barrel and 4x scope. I think my next purchase is going to be a 30-06 or a .308. Ammo isnt tooo expensive for them. I would really like to get a .300 winmag or a .338 winmag but you’re talking $3-4 a shot with those. I’d rather pay $30 for a 20 round box for a 30-06 than shell out $50+ for 20 rounds of a .338… although being able to reach out and touch something accurately from 500 yrds would be quite badass lol.

Oh and this was the remains of an un-opened pepsi can I shot. same gun same range.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/tallywhacker/1108081358.jpg

Hehe. Threads like this make me smile.

you have to be careful with a 30-06 because you can heat barrels up quickly if it’s the wrong setup so make sure you get a gun made for target shooting. also, your shoulder will hurt like hell if you shoot it wrong.

btw, nice shooting. I hope I can get out and blow some stuff a little soon, I haven’t been out in a while…

Thanks man. That wasnt a .30-06, it was a marlin lever action 30-30 with a 4x scope @ 100 yrds. I’ve been shooting since I was a kid (mostly shotguns and small caliper rounds). I’m probably one of the most anal people you will ever meet when it comes to firearm safety and letting my gun cool down after I shoot a few rounds. Thats a major mistake people make when they shoot. The heat expands the metal in the barrel and it will effect your shooting. Always shoot with a cool barrel. When you hunt your barrel is going to be cold. So shoot in the same conditions as you do when you hunt and you wont miss :). I’m a firm believer in 1 shot 1 kill. I wont even load more than 2-3 rounds in any gun I am hunting with becuase its not needed.

Oh and guys ALWAYS UNLOAD YOUR GUN!!! Don’t even lean a loaded firearm against a tree or anything. A man was killed last week in the town of Darian becuase he leanded his shotgun up against a tree to take a piss, it fell, went off, hit him in the arm and he bled out right there on the spot. Left behind a few kids and a wife. I know there are a lot of hunters on this forum, so always remember to be safe! It takes seconds to unload and even if you miss a shot becuase of it, it is not worth your life or the lives of others. Remember too, riffle bullets go for miles!