went to the 1/4 with the bimmer. (vids)

well, my first time at the 1/4mi with the bimmer. Had a good time and def have some work to do.
i was running my car on low boost 12.5psi do to mbc issues. But i still manage to muster up a decent time. I need slicks do to traction issues. All in all a good day. I even managed to crack my exhaust mani again for the 4th time. good stuff.:frowning:
this slip is from my final/best run.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v371/turbociv/PHOT0001-1.jpg

here are the links to my 4 runs.
1rst run i was easing it outta the hole to get a feeling for the track. I managed a 12.2 @120

2nd run i came outta the hole a little harder and managed 11.8 @ 120

3rd run was a disaster, i totally missed 2nd gear but still managed to chase down the chevelle for the win. 12.4 @ 120

4th and last run. i came outta hole same as before and managed my best for the day. 11.8 @122

I definately have some work to do High boost in the 17-18psi range should be interesting. :slight_smile:

rock on john

nice times… :tup:

talk about an empty day at the track there was no one there. Bimmer runs good for a low boost pump gas stock block

Holy crap man thats a really cool build. On some slicks youll be kissin 10s high boost and you got it on lock. I only trap 119-120 NA and have gotten a bast NA of 11.3 so you should be right there. If you dont mind me asking what does a build like this set you back. As in does it make it much more money due to the platform.

congrats dude. love the bimmer:sword:

[quote=“cougarspeed,post:5,topic:35045"”]

Holy crap man thats a really cool build. On some slicks youll be kissin 10s high boost and you got it on lock. I only trap 119-120 NA and have gotten a bast NA of 11.3 so you should be right there. If you dont mind me asking what does a build like this set you back. As in does it make it much more money due to the platform.

[/quote]

Ive probably got about 4g’s into it. But if i could do it again i wouldnt cheap out on the mani and i woulda spent some cash for a quality piece. The key to any affordable F/I kit is doing as much as possible by yourself.

However i have got countless hours of sweat and blood into the car. Its not easy working on bmw’s. Not alot of space to work with. Motor is completely stock except for a thicker headgasket .140 to lower compression.

nice runs john. We need to get the e30 boosted. Cutting fenders soon + slicks = 10`s?=)

lol, i dont even know if ill be going back to the track anytime soon. atleast not until i get a better manifold Cut fendors, great idea.:smiley: maybe not.lol

nice nice

i cant wait till u have the new manifold on there

once again id like to take about 1/2 the credit for the verbal abuse i endured during the first half his build. lol jk

awesome runs john, glad to see that all the hard work payed off.

ull be in the 10s for sure

guys, 10’s are very far away for me. I honestly dont think ill ever be able to hook a decent 60ft given the independant rear end and week axles, diffs. If i ever do hit 10’s it will have to be with a sub par 60ft and ALOT of top end. say traps speed close to 130mph. but then again, who knows with high boost.:slight_smile:

winter project = ford 9in

suprised you beat the chevelle

[quote=“turbociv,post:12,topic:35045"”]

guys, 10’s are very far away for me. I honestly dont think ill ever be able to hook a decent 60ft given the independant rear end and week axles, diffs. If i ever do hit 10’s it will have to be with a sub par 60ft and ALOT of top end. say traps speed close to 130mph. but then again, who knows with high boost.:slight_smile:

[/quote]

With more boost and a real tire you have 10s for sure. Ill but $5 on it lol. This car makes me really happy especially since you just said you only have 4k into it. Thats not bad at all

Bummer, Bimmer, I was suppose to head up, never got burned out ass off the couch:banghead:
W/dr’s u could knock a conservative 2-3 tenth’s off that 60ft, possible 3-4tenth’s, rule of thumb here is every tenth u gain in 60ft is worth 2tenth’s @ the top, & b/c u hooked sooner, u will gain more momentum, & see ur mph go up 2-4mph. Low boost, DR’s=low to mid 11’s @ 125. Also the temp was 75-80 w/high humidity? “Good air” will get u 2-3 tenth’s & 2-3 more mph.
Nitto’s(good)BFG’s(better-if they still make them)I would NOT get the M/T’s, as they r a "dead hook"tire(read axle snappers). BFG’s or Nitto’s would allow for a small amount of spin,1 or 2 revolution’s is beneficial on a stick car w/a suspect rear end:D

This combo has 10’s in it all day, keep at it:tup:

I’ve got BFG’s, they hook pretty good. Look them up at tirerack, very large range of sizes in them too.

:tup:

That thing is quick. If you’re having MBC issues, make another one for $5 or buy an EBC?

[quote=“dpm90iroc,post:16,topic:35045"”]

This combo has 10’s in it all day, keep at it:tup:

[/quote]

+1

Nice runs

thanks guys. I need to do 3 things here. larger injectors so i feel more safe at running higher boost, get real tires, and get a real exhaust mani.

i was going to install my new ebc, however i opted to go to the track instead.:slight_smile: