Wet vs Dry nitrous kits

Other things to consider when choosing between a wet or dry set-up is:

Wet kits spray fuel and nitrous which is typically easier to add in as at most just timing needs adjusted to be spraying

Depending on placement of jet(s) in a dry set-up the nitrous may not evenly distribute among cylinders so a fuel system with upped injectors/fuel pressure/longer pulsewidths/etc. which is adding an equally increased amount of fuel to each cylinder may run lean on a cylinder getting more nitrous. A wet set-up spraying fuel and nitrous would tend to account for this problem as both fuel and nitrous are sprayed together at the same point.

I believe at least some of the wet kits have safety checks that if fuel pressure is lacking at the fuel solenoid the nitrous solenoid will not open.

Also, a wet shot can be upped for more power by merely swapping a couple jets whereas a dry set-up pushing any kind of decent power (beyond the little 55-75 shot zex kits) is going to require more adjustments.

Safest set-up on 4 bangers seems to be a nice wet direct port set-up, $600+
best way to get 50+hp (especially if going for 100+)

I’ve seen many crappy dry zex kits eat motors

dry kit, just change the bypass jet and shim the regulator

wrong!next!

how am i wrong? please explain. with a return line you have a regulator and it has vaccum going to it. this way you can use the vaccum to help increase fuel psi. thats how my NOS kit is done on the 5.3. works no issues

still not as good as its own fuel sorce

poop for wet systems unless plate or direct port :blue:

zex sucks

sorry chad, he said it

Good posts (at least pertaining to the Mustang world) Quik…

I’m NOT a fan of the old style wet kits which run fuel through the upper manifold of a 5.0 Mustang…these are pretty unsafe in my opinion.

Actually, I’m not such a fan of wet kits in general that flow fuel through manifolds designed for air only. Remember the video of the Z06 exploding at the track? That was the result of fuel puddling in the intake due to a wet kit and then igniting due to a backfire.

direct port close to the injector is what i’m running, no more fuel puddle there than you’d find stock

Yeah, no doubt that direct port injection is the best.

yep like i stated. especially with the how EFI intakes hit a wall when the air comes into them. and osme times fuell will be trapped and puddle. then you get to see the pretty affects. i seen a pic of a cobra intake tht was re weldedup after boost and juice went wrong. the wet system failed and led to the intake to explode. then the guy had someone fix it for a temp fix for the weekend at the event

now im all for a plate system. thats what ill be using for my hatch. on the stangs they look stealth. like a heat spacer so to the common eye no body would expect anything else then a heat spacer. these kits do cost more but are worth it since the shot is almost endless.

i dont’ care if people see it i’m not trying to hide anything to say i’m still stock. on a side note my ecu will shut the shit down if timing is pulled

who The Fuck Cars Run What U Want But Dont Be A Pussy Push it To Its Limites And Hope She Doesnt Blow :d