what do u think?

hey i got an idea while i was just sitting there…looking at a spare cigarette lighter for my car. when u push the lighter in it completes a circuit. now say u hooked up your ignition wire to ur cigarette lighter and then u have to push the lighter in to start ur car. then pull it out and no one can start ur car with out it. does any one think this would work i dunno it was just an idea i thought of.

kind of like a key?..like a car key?:cyclopsani:

i think ur too high to be thinking of things lol

thanks rob, no like a safety switch you hit the cig light then it competes a current and you start ur car. when the lighter pops out u will have started your car already. if it doesnt start right away dont try this. lol i tried it with simple light test. hooked to a battery and a light just like a toggle swtich. ihave no idea what wire you would hook up to ur ignition for this im just putting the idea out there.

lol just jokes man…i understand the idea…but u could just used a push start ignition and wire ur lighter up to that maybe?

good idea actually i was looking at this engine start button at crappy tire…hmmm maybe ill try this. i dunno though

lol these are the types of ideas you keep to yourself man!

haha…i dunno, it could work maybe…im no circuit man but it somewhat makes sense

Yea, I think it’s a pretty cool idea, but kinda ruined that you let it out of the bag :smiley:

seems… gimiky to me.

use the propper button. you are not james bond.

GT

my friend with a miata did exactly that
he made it so that you have to have the cigarette lighter plugged to start the car… it also works as anti-theft device… sorta… it’s pretty cool though

as a 240 thief wouldnt they just be able to bring one in from another 240? lol.

i say multiple kill switches that have to be on/off is a better deterrant

say you have 5 kill switches and 2 of the 5 have to be on and in particular order.

its almost like a combination and of course you can hide 2 switches somewhere so no one knows.

there would be 25 different combinations to try plus 2 or how many you want can be hidden somewhere.

Yep^ theres the idea, and a few ‘decoy’ switches…

and maybe one of those “warning” stickers they put on meat slicers, the one with the severed fingers, “warning theifs get it ‘ol’skool’”

Greg, you missed the point of the lighter, it’s not to turn on the car. He’s still going to be using the key to turn it on, it’s just that he won’t be able to turn it on without pushing this in. The thief would have no clue that he needs to push this in to start it, and wouldn’t be able to start the car. As to bringing one from another 240, well, he’d need to KNOW that it’s the cig lighter stopping the car from turning on to begin with, and how would he know that?

How will a thief know about a cigarette lighter kill switch you ask? Simple. He opens his internet browser, types in forums.son240sx.ca into his address bar, and reads this thread.

thank you! my point exactly. as for the multiple switches i didn’t even want to put my switch to turn my headlights on while there half open, and thats where the hicas button would be, I’m very picky about how my car looks on the inside. but as for some one reading this about my car on this site. well if any one steals my car and they are anything to do with son they will be found out, and fingers and other parts will get cut off… just like that guy with the Jamaican friend who cuts off fingers. it can be done. plus like any smart person i have a something to deter thieves that not even my gf knows about mwahahahaha

Well, I said earlier, had he NOT posted it on here, it would’ve been brilliant :smiley: Still, he can use some other random kill switch that nobody knows about in a part of the car that no one would bother to look.