What do you think of my ghetto exhaust

So i was bored and i took some pics of my exhaust stuff

youll all laugh at me :oops: but i got the header for $20 from a friend brand new who bought it for his 240 and wrecked it on the way to have it installed-so i thought it appropriate to create a low-budget exhaust system as well.

I wanted something that looked clean and didnt sound like every fart-cannon equipped Honda out there, something that was distinctive but not too loud.

This is a cherry bomb turbo muffler- chambered so it doesnt just dump the exhaust out and make a lot of noise, its 2.5 inch plumbing in and out. The tip fits beautifully in the existing notch for teh tailpipes in the bumper nice and flush. I painted the muffler with engine enamel to keep the rust off and make it more discreet looking
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid152/p10c58e6c93ce8516f3e61a872835d9f1/f5ab0b69.jpg

The header (Pacesetter) (yea dont laugh it was twenty bucks) and i have a cherry bomb glasspack to act as a resonator, This is all 2.25 inch stuff…basically the system expands the plumbing diameter into the muffler to 2.5 inches to hopefully create a nice hollow mellow sound.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid152/p44949f3faec4fb84d1bdbf4fbe784213/f5ab0c5a.jpg

The high flow cat i bought is missing form the pics since its still in the garage with pipes attached to it. Its a 2.25 inch and was used on my friends neon for about 2 weeks- so its in good shape and all it cost me was a beer.

Here is my header painted ghetto-fake chrome

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid156/pe27bae82317933970d6647db910ad321/f544e792.jpg

So all in all im very excited to install it. The tip was the most expensive piece at $60 bucks and i think it meets all my criteria like that it wont be too loud and it will look reasonably believeable on the car

what do you think

commence flaming…now.

Red x’s on the 2nd and 3rd pic.

do you still want that piece for under the tail lights? i sent you a pm on zilvia

hmmm sorry i just uploaded the pics to imagestation maybe theyll take a few more minutes or something

check back in i need feedback

Now it appears they’re all gone!

is that mine?

My guess would be it’ll sound great, just a little louder and sharper/raspier then expected due to the muffler & “resonator” you’ll be using. Should be fine though. Doing a full exhaust is always satisfying. :slight_smile:

hahahahah, is that you dude?

what a champ

If you’re still having problems try using www.photodump.com or something similiar… I havn’t had problems with them yet.

The chambered muffler is also very effective at restricting exhaust flow. A straight-through oval out back and a smaller oval under the car would be quieter and less restrictive. All in all not a bad budget system.

That exaust should help you pedal faster on that bike for sure. :lol:

Actualy I have a hotshot performance header www.hotshot.com on my S13 with a Sebring straight flow cat, a magnaflow straight flow dual port muffler and 2 3/4 inch pipes on my car and it sound really nice. A header with straight flow exhaust actualy sounds realy good on 240’s and mine still passes an emission test. If I were you Id put the header on with a straight flow hollowed out cat like mine (just in case you get pulled over) ditch the resinator and put a nice muffler in the back like a magnaflow or a brulin and it will sound nice. I love the sound so much that I know as a fact I will miss that sound after I get my SR20 swap.

my friend has done the hollow cat and ran a dyno. apparently…

you loose a few hp if you put a hollow cat…

John, do you know how much quieter it’ll be on a turbo? I know that the turbine acts like a muffler, but not sure just how much it does. I’m definitely going turbo this summer, and was looking into an exhaust, but I want it to be as quiet as humanly possible. But then I thought it’d be a waste of money if I get an exhaust that flows barely better than stock…
I intend to personally hear every turbo & non turbo car at the summer meet before I get my swap and exhaust so I can be sure lol… I really don’t want the attention, so I want to be guaranteed it’ll be quiet.

buy a gp sports spec d, you wont be dissapointed

On my stock exhaust SR, people have to ask if my car is on. Super dooper quiet.

I’ve been thinking of running 3" piping (turbo-back) to the stock muffler can. Uber-sleeper look. the two little tips are so cute.

i cant understand why that final image isnt working

thanks for all the replies though folks

im gonna try that final pic again…

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid156/pe27bae82317933970d6647db910ad321/f544e792.jpg

Kaon yes that was me on that link you posted

that whole incident was a total ridiculous mess if you have any interest to hear about it I will tell you if you let me know.

yea i understand dude because you looked to be a seasoned member on zilvia and you would totally know better so it was probably like a hot linking problem and it all backfired…

but yea they over react like mad!!!

i posted a link to entensity.net and they diabled the hotlink without even checking it out. total gay

exhaust looks good, custom all the way

Sweet… Thx for the help Jesse & NeveR.
Twitchy - that looks nice… Can’t believe it cost u 20 bucks, I wish I was that good at DIY :oops:

i think the tip willl be the best part- unique and it will look classy on the car. Ill be making some before and after video clips for comparing the sound. I was thinking of doing the upgrade in sections and taking a video along the way for each

i would do an inside and outside (drive away) clip for

Current setup- (.5 inch oversize pipe, stock muffler, airbox resonator tube removed)

then with just the header installed to the current exhaust

then with the highflow cat, resonator, muffler

then with all that plus the intake i just ordered

thats IF i do it in sections like that…i dont know how i like the idea of driving around with an open header cause my car will likely sound like a WWII tank!

I wouldn’t suggest this if you want to make power. The stock muffler is pretty crappy. Plus an aftermarket muffler will sound way better then stock.