What do you think of this trade...

A buddy of mine wants my CCW 505A’s (details on the wheels/why I’m getting rid of them http://www.pittspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42839). He’s offered me $1k cash, his stock wheels ('00 polished thin spokes with decent tires, I’d just be selling them, no interest in them for myself) and his '69 Nova project car. The Nova is a granny-fresh 6cyl, auto, post car. It’s all complete and there. Very little damage/rust. Just a half ass-primer job the original owner’s son put over the factory puke-green paint when he first inherited the car. My buddy got it shortly after that (the original owner was his great aunt) and it’s just sat. The 6 starts and the car runs, interior is all there but very base, and very green. The current owner has a standing offer for $1500 for the car which he hasn’t taken yet, but if I was so inclined I could take. I can probably get $400-600 for the Y2K thin spokes so I’d be around $2900 total. That’s right about what I wanted to get for the, just a bit more PITA/effort to get my $ outta the deal. On the other hand, my buddy and I both win on the deal, especially if I put some work into the Nova (just to clean it up and put all the trim back on the previous owner took off) I can probably get more like $2k or $2500 for it and make out very well on the deal.

Orrrrrrrrr I could keep the Nova and…

Well I guess that’s what I’m afraid of; I’ll end up keeping the Nova and have another money pit. Haha.

Thoughts?

-TJ

if this would have been a week ago there is a board member that would have bought the car off you.

but overall doeson’t sound like a bad deal

Keep it and put a LS1 in it.

x2

fixed

[QUOTE=SixSpeed454SS;685888]fixed
[/quote]

So that’s the problem… if I keep it I’m going to want to do that. Haha. Though, my buddy w/ the '63 Pickup that’s running 11s w/ a built LS6 & 4L80E was sort of talking about putting his motor/trans into it (obviously a lot of trans tunnel work required for the '80). He and I might work out a deal where he provides motor/trans and I provide the car for a co-owned project. I’d think in the Nova it’d be mid to low 11s as-is with the motor… and we still have the spray to hookup.

-TJ

That’s always a scary thought, for me anyway.

It would be badass to fix up, but if you don’t keep it you still make out on the deal.

take it, make it a nice crusier! just like a simple gen I small block in it, or maybe a Gen III/IV and just drive it and shit. dont have to make every car a serious project or build

The 4L80 is about the same physical size as a TH400, which will fit in the Nova’s tunnel with minimal work, if any.

Let your buddy sell the car. Take 2500 plus the thin spokes for your ccw’s.

I want a nova…

edit: not kidding

then get bored with it, and then sell it?

shut up