What Does NYSpeed Think of This TV?

get a plasma and be done with it

The thing with the Hitachi DLP projection LCD,(not super thin) Is that when it breaks it breaks a cheap part, such as the projection bulb. not something super expensive like the DLP wheel or LCD unit. The are renound as the clearest LCD out there, the deepest blacks the truest colors.

But everyone is going to bicker and shit. IMHO I would go with a Hitachi

I think I am sold on the new Toshiba DLP’s. 65HM167 is $1700 at NewEgg.com with $100 shipping. Oh, it’s a 65" if you didn’t already guess from the pn. It’s gotten rave reviews to boot.

[quote=“RuBiCaNT,post:20,topic:33092"”]

I think I have decided on the Sammy 50" DLP w/ LED engine or the 56"… I am just trying to figure out what the best value is and where to get it the cheapest…

[/quote]

[quote=“RuBiCaNT,post:23,topic:33092"”]

I think I am sold on the new Toshiba DLP’s. 65HM167 is $1700 at NewEgg.com with $100 shipping. Oh, it’s a 65" if you didn’t already guess from the pn. It’s gotten rave reviews to boot.

[/quote]

soooo which HAVE you decided on? :stuck_out_tongue:

I didn’t find out about the Toshiba until late last night…

[quote=“Mrs. Karus,post:24,topic:33092"”]

soooo which HAVE you decided on? :stuck_out_tongue:

[/quote]

9" extra for the same price… :eekdance:

tho thats not the only reason.

[quote=“RuBiCaNT,post:25,topic:33092"”]

I didn’t find out about the Toshiba until late last night…

[/quote]

10:30 is late? holy shit you really are getting old

[quote=“Nikuk,post:27,topic:33092"”]

10:30 is late? holy shit you really are getting old

[/quote]

:shoot:

Best black i’ve ever seen was on that TV

[quote=“RuBiCaNT,post:23,topic:33092"”]

[/quote]

65" is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too large for your apartment

I wouldn’t want to be closer than about 14 feet to a 65"

[quote=“JoesTypeS,post:30,topic:33092"”]

[/quote]

That’s true but I won’t be there forever or even a year so I am buying for the future…

In addition, I saw the 55" Grand WEGA SXRD (it’s a little older) and I gotta say it has the best picture quality out of any of the DLP’s I saw, Toshiba included. It also had the best viewing angles too…

[quote=“RuBiCaNT,post:31,topic:33092"”]

That’s true but I won’t be there forever or even a year so I am buying for the future…

In addition, I saw the 55" Grand WEGA SXRD (it’s a little older) and I gotta say it has the best picture quality out of any of the DLP’s I saw, Toshiba included. It also had the best viewing angles too…

[/quote]

blah. blah. i do not hear what i need to.

I would get a Plasma over the DLP but what do I know I bought 2 Sony LCDs for my house. I only got LCD’s because my last apartment was so bright inside even with the blinds closed and my house has 12 windows in the family room and 4 in my bonus room and I didn’t want glare on my TV. Keep that in mind when shopping.

[quote=“JoesTypeS,post:30,topic:33092"”]

[/quote]

yeah, i’ve tried to convince him of this as well.