What F dmcc!?

So is it just me or is there no dmcc event in Ontario for this season and if so why the heck not?

because the government is killing everything for us time to fight back ! stop being pussies and buy full auto ak47s and do something about this NWO! and if you say you can;t in Canada trust me i know a few people that can tell you otherwise

if that is true it’s because DMCC loses money on every Ontario event because no one shows up.

it has nothing to do with the govt.

Maybe because we have higher expectations for motorsports events?

I’ve only been to one DMCC event, at Mosport, and I can tell you, I was a little disappointed for the distance I drove and money I paid to get in.

And that’s not a diss to the guys on here who compete in DMCC, just the event as a whole was… meh

it’s still a function of there being no ideally suited track and no crowd at Mosport.

the on-track action is quite good but when you only have 400 people paying to show up and you need 2000 to make any money and you do this 4 years in a row it doesnt surprised me that they pull out of Ontario

i usually pull out when my girls expecting a big show too

The problem is it’s to French. Not trying to diss anyone or start anything but it’s not promoted properly in Ontario, if you go on their FB page mostly everything is in French. I know it’s a Quebec base series but it doesn’t seem like they care at all about expanding the series. 2 of the top drivers in the series are from Ontario, a couple from America. How do they think the series is going to expand and grow if they only keep it to one province… Oh wait the don’t. The series is called DMCC ( Drift Mania CANADIAN Championship ) so treat it like a national series and not a regional one and they’d probably get better resaults. From what I saw last year, I thought numbers were getting good but oh well I guess.

again… Quebec is the only province where the events turn a profit.

that is why it is QC focused.

there has been a lot of effort and money to expand it into Alberta and Ontario and no one shows up to the events.

Ok but when you can’t tell half the time what’s going on in the series during the on or off season and they keep the series primarily French… How are non French fan suppose to connect?

yah it’s a shitty situation.

it’s taken several years for CSCS to get the kind of traction it is finally getting and DMCC has tried but hasnt been as forceful in Ontario and hasnt gained the kind of support CSCS now has.

anyone hear about that other canadian drifting series? Drive or Slide or something .

Not enough interest in Ontario, the trip to Quebec is always better anyway :wink:

Slide. It’s run by Dave DeSomma mainly, and a few OG DMCC people.
However, it’s not necessarily a “series” but more so a yearly event with a high payout.

So I sent dmcc a message asking if there was any Ontario dates. Their response " no available dates at mosport" and that was it in the response. greeeeat pr dudes

lol why so adament on having it in ontario?? It’s already been explained as to probably why it’s not worth it for them to have ontario dates.

Plus we still have CSCS drifting full of SON members!
And from what I hear/see some guys that haven’t come out for awhile will be coming back out this season BIIIIG:)

The series has been dead in Ontario for some time and Eric has tried different variations of getting people to come.
The sport just doesn’t have the support it does in Quebec, it’s that simple.

besides there’s more than just DMCC, they also got Maple Leaf Bash every year at St.Eustache I believe, which from what I heard is a great time.

We don’t have the drift following in Ontario they have in Quebec, plain and simple.

You ask your friends if they want to go watch cars slide at full lock at high speed with smoke and v8s, they say no. You ask them if they want to run some call of duty they are all down. This generation is doomed, all pussies and nerds.

https://youtu.be/FUjGf2Grrus

oh well… dmcc mosport rlly did suck… they should somehow mash up DMCC with CSCS’s drift events. that would be alright.

like mosport is the only track in Ontario…