DMCC Rd 6. Mosport :UPDATE:

MAJOR UPDATE!!!

The oval track was supposed to be paved by next weekend but that is no longer happening.

As a result, DMCC will be using the DDT track. The new lay-out will make the event MUCH more exciting as there will be much higher speeds involved. As a result, the event if ONLY for PRO DMCC drivers, no Pro-Am and thus the event is only a 1 day event, Sunday Sept 19th.

This will be the highest calibre DMCC event yet with the fastest track in the history of the event.

See link here: RD6 DETAILS

EVENT DESCRIPTION :

On Sunday, all professional drivers will attempt to qualify for the TOP 16 competition. Insane door to door battles guaranteed, as well as lots of excitement and thrills. This event will host different contests with tons of prizes. You will also be able to walk in the Show’n’Shine area where tons of beautiful tuned and exotic cars will be displayed. Drivers’ autograph sessions will be held at 12:15PM. Bring your t-shirts, magazines or anything you want autographed. Get in line before anyone else!!

TICKET AVAILABLE:

Full-DAY PASS presented by Castrol Edge - $ 25.00
Children 12 and under: Free
Free DMCC DVD with online purchase

SCHEDULE

SUNDAY, SEPT 19th
10:00 - Site open to public
10:00 - Practice session
12:00 - Track Break
13:15 - Qualification
14:30 - Half Time Show
15:00 - TOP 16 competition
16:00 - TOP 8 competition & Final
17:00 - Podium Ceremony & contest[/LEFT]

http://www.bings.ca/images/Promotional/MOSPORT_rd6_poster.jpg

I heard some exciting details about the event today… waiting for confirmation but could be hecka cool…

I’ve also been shipping parts out to some exciting people who may be back in action this weekend…

gonna be there for sure!!!

so pumped to see it at a circuit instead of downsview ive never been to mosport either…2 birds stoned

COME ON BING! TELL US!

Well, it appears that some of the original DMCC leaders will be back in action after a few years off… they were busily prepping the cars for Rd 5 last night in Montreal… won’t say which shop, that would give it away.

There also may be a new track lay-out which will make things way way way more intense as a result of some other developments. I havent had time to get the details or confirmation of them, but we’ll see.

MAJOR UPDATE IN LEAD POST

why dont they keep it as a 2 day event and just let the guys doing the pro get some good practice on the track if they can. 2 hours of practice on race day kind of sucks.

Ug…DDT licks bag.

I was disappointed when I first found out, but No I realize how much money I’m saving from Gas and hotels.

Also, what about people who Purchased the $30 2 Day pass do? My friends got one, I think he emailed them but yeah, might as well ask in here.

Dan, actually the course is awesome!! Eric and I headed out to the track yesterday with Cyr, Briggsy, and Mats Baribeau and all three of them agree that the course is perfect. We are talking some serious speed through this course. Wait till you see where we are putting the grandstands. This is definitely going to be an event that goes down as one of the best DMCC has ever put together.

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

For anyone who doesn’t want to pay for a hotel, Mosport will offer camping for $15.00

Sounds promising Frank. I just watched Dan Cyr’s teaset vid…

That layout is about the best that course can offer but don’t the drivers dip out of sight as they go down the hill? I know they do if in the parking lot. Are you putting grand stands in the infield? that would be dope as f#$k.

Trust me where we are putting the grandstands, the fans are going to be ecstatic, you can see the whole track layout from initiation to finish line, and with the acoustics on that track you can hear every little sound that car is making.

good cuz my car is even louder now

Awesomeness!

So who is all going? FYI if you buy your tickets for Round 6 online, you get a free DMCC DVD.

I am so there!!!

I think the most important is to SHOW us at least a video clip of the track layout to entice people to drive that far. I for one will not go unless I see the potential of how the track layout is.

I would DEFINITELY go and bring all my friends if there was a clip available to show how “good and fast” the layout was.

Marketing what to expect is going to show the success or failure of attendees, especially when its an hour drive.

I’ll be waiting on some sort of video clip to be posted, if its good you can expect more people to attend. I’d love to bring my son and show him what daddy used to do.

its only an hour drive thats barely anything, alot better then drive to quebec or out west.

I know they didn’t do it last year at downs view, but has any one heard anything about the MTO setting up some sort of road block?

dont be a girl

just come

oh I’ll be there

I just want to know which car to drive