DMCC Rd 6. Mosport :UPDATE:

drive the 240 dan, the echo is no fun.
if your the right dan lol

Samson in all honesty I think that’s a horrible way to go about it.
Why must you need a video to help support? You’ll get to enjoy a day out with your son and even see some old faces.
From someone who was an OG drifter I didn’t expect you to say you wouldn’t come because you didn’t know the track layout and hadn’t seen a video.

From a marketing standpoint DMCC knows where to put the main action and where to put the fans, so I’m well confident that no one will be disappointed as to where the “action” is.

Despite it being the drive it is (45min without traffic) is it not still worth it to come support a growing community? Something you used to be so heavily into?

+1 Martino

-1 Samson

Shit, I’d be there if I did’t have prior obligations and it’s MUCH further away for me in Buffalo.

On a side note, here is a teaser video Frank just posted of Pat running the lines.

^^^ Embeded.

Looks like a good time :tup:

Looking forward to this.

ALOT!

This reminds me of all of the US tracks that they run at in the mid west…

they need to make it available for drift all the time.

Bing I’m already in discussion with Myles @ Mosport about having some more cost effective track days/drift days on their DDT. He is very open to working with local drifters, with Mosport now being the Ontario home of DMCC, he understands how necessary it is to grow amateur talent here in Ontario.

I like the sound of that!

Franks the man.

I really like the sound of that.

Frank your awesome.

Nice set up for the track! +1 for ddt drift days!

Pretty damn intense! Wish I was back in the country for this!

That layout looks fun, hopefully I’ll be able to come out and watch a little bit. Good luck Ontario boys!

gl +1… make us proud

OGs have to grow up as well as I have a kid to feed and another baby on the way. I don’t have time like I used to, to go out and spend a whole day on an activity I soley like. That would be a very selfish thing as I have to take into consideration my wife that’s pregnant and my 4yr old son. Their interest and what they want to spend their weekend with daddy is top priority and I’d like to have a good reason to say otherwise. A guarantee THEY will have fun, not me (I would have fun with any type of drifting involved)

My post was looking at it from a non-drifter point of view. Sure 90% of drifters will support it, but that is definitely not enough to keep the drifting community afloat.

This is about attracting NON-drifters to the event to support it. Drifters supporting the sport is a no-brainer.

Look at it from a non-drifter’s point of view and you will understand my point a lot more clearly. As well, look at it from a marketing/business point of view and it should be a no-brainer to attract those who are not heavily into the sport.

I consider myself not a drifter anymore, so I can see things crystal clear and have an un-biased opinion and perspective on motorsports as opposed to those still heavily involved. If DMCC wants to keep the sport afloat, put some more effort into showing the “action” to the general public. Not everyone knows the layout of DDT and can’t “trust” DMCC to put the spectators where the action is. Without seeing a video how do I know what the drifting would be like? Even in my years, I can’t imagine if DDT would be good or not to drift. If I can’t say it would be for sure, how are non-drifters going to know it’ll be action packed?

I think my post caught you off guard as you’re probably still heavy into the drifting community, but my perspective is that of the general public that DMCC NEEDS to attract. It doesn’t need to attract drifters and motorsport hobbiest obviously.

Take my post with a grain of salt, don’t get me wrong I love drifting still but I have a different mentality as opposed to before and others still involved. If drifters were the only ones supporting the sport, it will just die a slow death. You need an audience for a sport to grow. Audiences show up for a reason, and as the general public I don’t see a true reason why I should attend since I have no idea what it would be like…you understand?

Think of who the sport is trying to attract, not who they already have attracted. A business/sport will not grow with that kind of mentality. Word of mouth only goes so far. Seeing is believing my friend.

all i hear is that your turning into an old man,

lets cut it with that stuff…

DMCC… WEEEE!!! FUN OH MAN!!

i got like 5 newbs to the scene coming. everyone do ur part, and make this shit huge!!!

Can’t wait!!!