What happens when we drive the speed limit.

So if your going the same speed as the person next to you, why do you need to be in the left lane. Why not get in the right lane?

Well I think the fact that they’re lined up across the lanes insulates them from the law.

You cant move over if there is someone in the right lane doing the same speed you are. That wouldn’t be safe now would it?:nono:

honestly, I don’t think the cop writing you the ticket would give a shit about the semantics of it. He could probably give you a ticket for a lot of other shit too (disturbing the peace/inciting a riot/etc) if he knew what you were doing.

LOL, its not illegal to slow down people that are speeding. its not impeding traffic by going the MAX allowed speed limit (ie 55mph).

because if you look, the cars are jam packed for like 5 miles LOL. They make other lanes for a reason, to use them. It says no where that you have to stay in the right lane and only use the left if you want to speed.

We should just try this.

Simultaneously on the 33, 90, 290, whatever else.

At ~5p on a Friday afternoon.

Film results.

or even better, make sure they’re all on bikes lol

we’ll place bets on which lane gets taken out/run off the road first

That’s just normal rush-hour behavior for cagers. We’re looking to scientifically measure deviant behavior under stress conditions…

nevermind.

I’m glad someone finally mentioned that a lane of traffic traveling at 55mph isn’t exactly blocked or impeded, it’s actually flowing at the maximum legal rate.

if the it is considered unlawful to impede then this by no means would qualify, but if the law specifically states you must be passing then just look into the subjectivity of passing like ultradriver10000 brought up.

As far as “IT IS NEVER ILLEGAL TO DRIVE THE SPEED LIMIT!!!”

I believe imprudent speed covers that.

I’ve watched a subaru and a explorer fly off the road because they felt 55mph in a blizzard was reasonable.

:picard: I give up, it’s not illegal… carry on

btw, if you ask a cop “are you a cop?”… he has to tell you the truth

I’m not saying it isn’t illegal, i’m just saying not on the basis of impeding traffic, any lawyer could get you out of that if that is the way the law is written.

any lawyer can get you out of most traffic infractions…not to mention misdemeanors, felonies, etc…

doesn’t mean its not illegal

OJ wasn’t found innocent because his lawyers proved stabbing 2 people to death wasn’t murder in his particular incident.

To what you just said

DUH

but…going 55mph IS NOT IMPEDING TRAFFIC, and most certainly isn’t blocking the left lane either.

Now

If the particular jurisdictions law happens to state it is illegal to travel in the left lane without passing someone this would be left the the discretion of the officer and eventually the judgment of the judge.

This law would most likely be pursued against people choosing to drive in the left lane when they are the only one’s on the road, since it would be hard to determine if someone were in fact passing at a very slow rate.

as well a bigger area can flow more cars at the same time, so cars using the left lane, even if not passing, would be assisting the flow of traffic and not impeding it.

you are all under the assumption that every car on the road has a 100% accurate speedometer also. people put wrong tires/tire wear/wear on mechanical parts can all cause your speedometer to be off by different margins. Just more fuel to the fire.

I’d be in for riding along with someone and filming it.

It would be kinda funny to see the traditional speeding cars (F-Bods, Stangs, etc…) to do this. Everyone would think you are crazy.

Think we can get the vipers and the guy who owns the saleen in on this too?

super old, too bad they didn’t have the balls to try it at rush hour

55 at rush hour on the perimeter is asking to be shot.

gotta do it in like 2nd or 3rd gear to make it sound like were racing down the road :-p and to downed out the noise from the horns.

I’d be down.

(though the exhaust tickets would be everywhere…)

I hate it when I’m doing 120mph and some ass has in the left lane is doing 88 and slows me down.