what i got in the mail today

well two years ago i graduated and i wanted to move away so i never took the teaching exam (praxis). well last year i have a g/f that pushed me to take them and i did, and i passed with flying colors. (still wanted to move away) Then a few months ago i bought a house in whitehall and well that pretty much told me that im not going to be moving anytime soon so i need to get a real job. so i finally sent out to get my teaching certificate.

it came today. i am legally allowed to teach in PA. i will be applying in a few of the school districts around here so get your kids in private schools by next year.

prob applying at TJ,Baldwin,Brentwood,West Mifflin, Bethel etc etc. most likely get a job at west mifflin because thats where i did my student teaching and they loved me. and hoping for TJ or baldwin since both are good schools and i live .75miles from baldwin :beer:

Anyone can teach kindergarten but congrats mack.

congrats man!

congrats, hope you get west mifflin so they can terrorize you

Unless you have a hookup in the West Mifflin district, it will be nearly impossible to get in. WM is the most crooked, political, horseshit school district in the area. I’m aware of a couple of high profile H.S. football coaches that were approached for the job that told WM to take a hike b/c they know how much bullshit it is.

Best of luck getting a job in the general area.

well mr duramo said that he would write me a letter or rec. (he is the pricipal of homeville elem now, was at the middleschool while i was there) and i have my mentor teacher at the middle school. she loved me judy pankish

congrats bro!!!

congrats mac

If I were you, I’d send resumes to every school within a 20 mile radius. Close is convenient, but unless a teacher dies, retires, or molests a kid, they don’t seem to leave. And they definitely don’t get fired!

Good luck Mac!

Congrats!

congrats MAC

but i hate to say it but you prob will only find a job at a private or catholic school. unless you are willing to teach in the city

but good luck on your search

congrats mac!

come apply at east allegheny

Congrats. You still get’n that Z!?!?

congrats

apply for woodland hills!

Comgrats, you know you want to work @ EF

Congrats as well but I have to reiterate what he said. A good friend of mine is a teacher and she had a hell of a time finding a job. Her mom is a teacher too, so she had some INs and they didn’t pan out well. She is teaching special needs kids in a catholic school environment. Send resumes everywhere and choose where to go from the responses. Best of luck to you.

congrats. i’m sure you already know this. if you are willing to work in inner city schools, there are tons of opening and decent pay. its just gonna be stressful but you can make a difference trying to educate poor inner city kids.