what is shifts biggest downfall ?

Rep.

bannings are part of forums, if a user doesnt follow the rules then their are consequences. regardless of how much tech you know or what car you drive. you got no right to be constantly startig shit and “flaming” the new users every chance you get. all that does is cause issues between people and drive people away from the site.

i still dont understand why peter got banned?? maybe i missed something but i never seen a post that he made that was ban worthy.

o yeh one last thing the fact that i been on this site since 2008 and i still cant view the srs section cuz i dont sit here and post all day and have a high post count.

I moderate on other forums. I know how they work. When you ban contribuing members, they die.

I don’t get involved in any shift518 drama really, but banning Lance? Pete? murdogg? what a joke.

Vlad is a chode and easily the biggest downfall of the forums. The recent bannings are absurd and unwarranted. It’s his forum so he does what he wants, he just has to realize people will go elsewhere. I already notice people using facebook more, and are looking for an alternative as we speak.

Let’s start a free for all local forum with just one section, “BS”. No mods, just one admin, no sponsors.

Id join it

Would visit.

Would smash

id report it to the authorities

Wouldn’t matter :lol

Do it I dare you

Triple dog dare you

http://www.vine2victory.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/triple-dog-dare.jpg

honestly i don’t visit anywhere near as much as i used to, and seldom post. the site is not as entertaining as it was just a yr ago. if i want technical advice on a vehicle i use other sites im a member of. shift was just a fun site to browse not educational. its helpful in setting up meets and get-togethers but now that ppl are getting banned its not the same. my $.02 take it or leave it.

This as is any forum is a bunch of guys and a few girls brought together by something they have in common whether its a make and model of car or a Justin Bieber Fan Club. The subject that brings us together is rather broad and makes for a somewhat diverse community considering the we are all Auto/Moto enthusiasts from the Easter Upstate Region of NY. Enough of the obvious. We are all here for entertainment and any forum that is strictly tech would be a chore to visit. I love the meatz when I get to attend, We have a pretty fun group of people here.
The bannings may have been a little harsh but their really isn’t any other way to discipline people although I think a suspension would have worked alright. I don’t know what the individuals did to get their disciplinary action so I can’t say whether I feel it had just cause. I know we have rule but do we have a structured response for enforcing them? For example: “warning”, “3 day suspension”,“Cancellation of account”. Anyhow, Enough is enough, Bring back the banned if they have not already just started alias accounts and lets get back to the fun.
Any one here that has met Vlad personally know he is not a bad guy and I understand that this forum is his baby and he wants it to be respected as well as enjoyed. I’m sure he has forgiven many of us for plenty in the past and I, as should all of us, should forgive him for the most recent knee jerk reaction. Lets mutually forget the recent events…

I can only recall one event that Vlad has attended since I was a member here and that was the Thatcher Park meet last summer.

Id think that somebody who wants to promote ‘the scene’ would attend more events linked directly to his site.

I have also seen him attend about a half dozen events and I did not make it to the Thatcher Park Meet. Therefore, between the two of us we can account for 7… I don’t always have time to make to events and I don’t expect any one else to. This is purely a free time hobby and maybe Vlad should have more commitment you argue. I think that as long as he attends events he organizes that is good enough for me. I’m not trying to defend Vlad (although it is going that way) I am just saying that we should all, Vlad included, just let it go! We can kiss and make up now.

You didnt miss much with that event. It rained hard as fuck and a few of us ended up at a firehouse that only Chaz would be able to find.

Vlad has paid for a good amount of meats and so on .

Well just none that Ive attended other than the one last year.