What is this?

What is this on my ignitor chip plate and what vacuum lines run to it?

boost control solenoid. Shud be vacuume lines that run from your throttle body/intake manifold to there and then into the wastegate.

i thought the vacuum line that runs from the top right throttle body goes to the BOV and then from the charge pipe to the waste gate?

I ditched that piece. I was told I didn’t need it.

good enough for me! thanks!

Ditch it.

All it does is pull boost.

Bad solenoid

Really, a valve that makes the wastegate open sooner eh…Too bad that doesnt exist. :anal

not needed…it restricts boost and looks ugly! ditch it…

consider it gone! thanks

I read somewear that it boosts low RPM boost helping spool-up. don’t have any proof though! just get a boost controller.

Most likely, it probably holds the wastegate shut till almost stock boost. There is no way in hell that it lowers stock boost any lower than what the wastegate is set at.

^^ yeah, i heard that straight from autodream. they said it stays closed until 7psi then slams open, so the actuator sees 0psi then 7psi suddenly. if you run vacuum straight to the wastegate actuator, the wastegate will start to open alot sooner and be fully open at 7psi (like most stock actuators they open slowly)

i took the thing apart, that thing that looks like am adjuster knob is not a knob. its not even threaded inside, its a valve controlled by an electromagnet.

i have that top line plugged off when i did my manifold. the side one still runs to the T line. if i cap it off what needs to be done with the harness? just leave it there but plug up the holes?

remove the green box … you will get more boost as people are right in saying it restricts vaccum to the wastegate

psi to wastegate = less boost

so… restricting boost to wastegate = more boost

me write bass-ackwards

Wastegate open with vacumm now…Wow this thread is such an eye opener. :rolleyes:

Wastegate open with vacumm now…Wow this thread is such an eye opener. :rolleyes:[/quote]

I’m so confused…

so did imention im not using it. :rolleyes: lol