What oil do u use for ur Z?

i m planning to change oil this week n etc trans lsd and motor oil.

for the motor i am going to use mobil 1 synthetic 10- 30 and thats all i know and how much oil do i need? 4.4L? i can’t remember if someone can tell me plz do =)

and for transmission and lsd i don’t know which one to get for it and id onno how much can someone please tell me? i plan to get redline and can someone tell me where is the best place to buy oil for motor, trans and lsd? thanks =)

btw this is for a 1990 300zx =) non turbo =)

Redline MT-90 for the trans and Redline 75W90 for the diff.

I second the vote for those. That’s what I use.

For your engine oil, typically ~ 4.0 litres (incl. filter) is about right. There is a bit of variance as to what’s specified in the manuals among model years between 90-96. For example, the manual for my 93 states 3.4 L (3-5/8 qt) w/ filter. 1990’s manuals specify closer to 4.0L I think.

I’ve tried experimenting with ~1/2 litre less than my usual 4L in mine and the dipstick’s always read low so I usually stick to around 4L.

I wouldn’t add any more than 4 L though or you risk overfilling.

now to ask wehre to u guys buy them? cheapest i have seen for mobil 1 10 30 is 30bucks for 4L is there any places that u know that iwll sell for cheaper and wehre would i find redline products?

bestbuy performance/mopac(redline…in Calgary tho), man, even partsource stocks some redline stuff, i think 30$ is alright for a 4L jug, i’ve seen 35-40 some places. lol i think i’ve seen mobil 1 at costco even.

Hmmm at my work night now i have A few 4L’s of 10w30 left at 28.99. Or you can pick up 6 1L bottles for 7.29/L .This is only for 10W30. everything else is now in 4.4L’s for 34.99.

However Walmart is usually the cheapest

Oh at this is at South Edmonton Partsource only

can tranny fluid work as lsd fluid and vice versa?

It may depend on the brand.

If you take Redline for example, the 75W90 Gear Oil has the limited slip additive, but I don’t think the MT-90 tranny fluid does. But you may want to check their website, or the bottle labels to confirm that.

superstore in calgary had a 4L jug for 23 bucks!