what oil do you use in your bike?

anyone put lucas in theirs besides 20w50? im new at this whole bike maintenance thing, cleaning carbs should be done how often, etc etc. leave me some tips

post what bike you have to get proper answers.

i have a 600rr and use mobil clean 5000 with a mobil 1 filter, 5w30 iirc.

yzf600

10w40 for most inline fours and 20w50 for twins

i’ve always used amsoil 20w50 in my inline 4’s

10w40 spectro golden semi syn and oem filter every 1500-2000

20w50 amsoil series 2000 race oil…what year bike do you have? mileage?

97, 17k, its my best friends, hes babied it since hes had it (was the original owner)

kind of off topic but i have the same bike as you, you ever get a vibration between 5 and 6 thousand rpms?

i use amsoil but i hear amazing things about motul. One flaw about motul is it is very pricey

Motul or Rotella semi synthetic from walmart 5w40 I think for 14 bucks an oil change…

I always ran 20w50 in my I4 Jap bikes. Usually a synth blend, but whatever. Just do it on time.

Don’t clean your carbs unless you have a problem. Just don’t forget to use fuel stabilizer when you store it for the winter.

It’s a lot like a car, you just have to be more vigilant about maintenance because, well, breaking down on a bike sucks and can be more dangerous.

amsoil 10-40

04 636

Rotella T 15w-30

03 SV650

I always used 20w50 Havoline motorcycle oil from Autozone/Advance, that seemed to work fine for my old CBR600.

amsoil 10w40

mobile 1 mx4t aka racing 4t…fully sin sells at advanced auto or autozone on union for $9 a quart

It’s gold colored and greasy to the touch.

how much oil does a bike normally take? i caled two places and they btoh said 3.1 quarts but that seems low

well a bike motor is not that big… compared to a car