What TCC thinks of 240s

Whats funny is when I do some drifting, my Honda buddies hate their cares after. They tell me straight up “my car is gay, I can go in circles sweet! I WANT RWD!” But the rule in my car crew is nobody can have the same car, its gotta be original.

I lucked out

RWD ftw, at the end of the day.

AWD is bloody close for me, cuz on the track they really dominate well, and with the right setup, they drift really hardcore with insane stability haha… then again there will always be a RWD car for the track to keep up or smoke even the best AWD’s too.

i think any car designed to be a family car … stays a family car. (dont bother, ur not gonna get taht fast)
any car designed to be a sports car … should stay a sports car. (go nuts. till u go to fast… LOL)
no matter fwd,rwd, awd.

but fact here is… civics are family cars. HA

(imo)

Do you live your life a quarter mile at a time?

Civics are pieces of shit. I have one. It’s shit, Anyone who drives a Honda (other then S2000,NSX, there alright) and thinks their civic is :“Jay Dee Em Tite” or “Fast” are just in denial.

lol, +1

Yes I have a civic myself and I think it really depends on the type of civic you have. A 2 door Type R civic really isn’t a family car. But it can be both a great track car and daily driver.

The problem with most 240 owners here is that they think they are better than everyone else because they have a RWD car. And most of them are still really immature so they won’t realise that civics are great cars until they grow up.

To the clown who said that “family cars should stay as family cars, etc” You’re an idiot.

You’re obviously some drift fanboy by looking at your name. And just so you know, the 240 was never manufactured to be a “Drift car”.

So if you think that the 240 is a drift car, then you’re a hypocrite. I hate to bring you down to reality but it really is just a sporty hatcback / sporty coupe.

My Civic is easily the 3rd best car I’ve owned, and possibly second. It’s amazingly fuel efficient, reliable, simple and cheap to repair, and handles very well stock. I don’t think I’d ever bother to try and make it fast, but to this day, it is the best money I’ve ever spent on a vehicle.

ya man :rolleyes:

civics/integra’s are awesome to drive when done right, truthfully amazing cars, real good quality stuff… like the guy said it’s all personal preference

Fixed

As for this argument, it will never change.

The douche bag fanboys will thrive on their own vehicles, until the day comes for them to fix something or to upgrade to something bigger (parts wise) and they will puss out and end up jumping onto the next bandwagon, and continue the cycle.

Only those who truly appreciate their own rides can appreciate another persons car/work.

For an example, I performed my first engine swap on my own, it was alot of blood and sweat, but after I finished I felt good about myself and the car, now when I meet others going through the same thing (regardless of the cars make) I offer the same amount of respect. Why? Because I can relate, and I’m not a bitch ass. lol

I used to hate rice, now I just don’t care. If someone I know is driving a car I don’t like, I won’t kill their buzz and tell them that. I keep that stuff to myself, or offer CONSTRUCTIVE critiszm.

So, those of you who hate FWD or Honda and praise RWD or your slammed rust bucket s-chassis on ebay coils with a welded on ractive muffler tip, just end yourself now, because there’s no cure for being terminal.

And yes, I’m a hypacrit cuz im poor and can’t afford performance parts, so my shit is stock :open_mouth:

seriously…was this thread really necessary?

have we not been over this whole thing like 16 million times already?!

i’m sick of seeing the same goddamn argument over and over again, and the same exact posts and points-of-view from certain people. it’s just getting old now. mark, let people think what they want. who the fuck cares?

while i do like certain civics, and can respect ones that are fast/well-built, we don’t ALL have to like/respect them just cause you said so.

one thing i can agree on is openly bashing them less…we’re giving our club a pretty sour, immature image. but threads like this, if you ask me, will only fuel the fire because all the idiots who don’t think so highly of civics are now going to flock to this thread to bash them and defend their hatred of them…

I’ve had a lot of different cars in my day, including 2 stock EG civics. The only cars that have broken down beyond roadside repair out of ALL the cars I’ve owned were my DSM and both of my civics… one blew a transmission and the other blew a rad and the battery completely died at the same time (?)

I hate civics.

That being said, I still can see why people like them, when mine weren’t being fuckbags they were decent cars to drive and required less gas than a bicycle to get me around.

Brian…you just don’t get it.

I posted this because I was showing the otherside (the toronto civic club perspective). And what I was trying to show is that they are a lot more mature and can respect a car for what it is.

They don’t hate on other cars like 90% of SONlings do. SONlings tend to hate on anything FWD for some reason.

And if you’re sick of it, why are you posting? Just ignore the thread.

Hate the driver, not the car.

Because a 240 is the cheapest RWD car you can buy.
Imagine a guy that finally managed to get a horse. It’s not a very good one, limps, blind in one eye, etc… but he’s got one. Now, a healthy donkey is probably a lot better than it, but he’s gonna hate on donkey’s now something fierce. Cause he’s got a horse :smiley:

LOL

+1, nice analogy.

Mark, I applaud your attempt to show how mature other car enthusiasts are compared to the 240 community.

Judging by the responses of “OMG, FWD is lame” and “I hate all things non-RWD” - it’s obvious that 240 owners need to get off their high-rusted-horses.

No arguing there, their cheap and fuel efficient. There great cars for driving when kept like that. It’s when people trying to race them or make it fast that they become shit.

And why is racing a Civic or making them fast considered “shit?”

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b82/eknick/spoon1.jpg