What to do?.... Pewers look in here!

Depending on how much me and the g/f get back in taxes, i think we MAY be in the position to be able to look into purchasing a car (i.e. most/all debts paid off and some emergency cash in the savings acct.)…

I think it might be a wise decision to get some sort of dependable daily driver that we can both drive, and then worry about dumping money into the talon. This would mean that i can take my time getting the talon back on the road, and do it right instead of the cheapest/fastest way. And then once the talon is dependable and all that it can be my main source of transportation and the g/f can just drive whatever we buy, and it can be used for grocery getting/long trips and all that shit so the talon wont be racking up so many extra miles…

Now here’s the big question. Should i just try and save up like ~$2K and just try and buy something straight up and therefore avoid a car payment, or should i bite the bullet and try to get something in the 5-7K range and get a loan? My credit is fux0red, so if i were to go that route im sure i will end up paying out the ass in interest, but on the other hand that might be a big help in rebuilding my credit. Then again, the thought of having a car payment eating up mod money for 3-4 years doesnt exactly enthrall me. I know a lot of you guys go out to the auctions, can a half decent car be had for $2K?? And if i decide to go that route, would it be a wise decision to maybe postpone my trip home and save up some cash and go up to PA and get a car at the auction and then drive it back?

If im looking to get a ~2K car, i really dont care what its gonna be.

If im gonna get a loan and get something, i was thinking 94ish Accord coupe, or perhaps a Grand Cherokee… Both can be had for around 5-7K.

:dunno:

get a Volvo wagon:rofl:
ehh go the 2k dollar route. that way its all and paid for. if you run into money probs and cant make payments, you wouldnt be fucked

you can get a cavelier pretty cheap

who’s pewers?

there are a lot of cavs out there a reasonable price…and if you need parts they are pretty cheap

Originally posted by Pewterss
who’s pewers?

sorry, i meant PewterSS… and im not getting another cavalier…

Originally posted by BlkP42E
ehh go the 2k dollar route. that way its all and paid for. if you run into money probs and cant make payments, you wouldnt be fucked

Good point… im really thinking about a 94ish accord. There are hig mile (120Kish) accords going for 3500-4500 private party and dealer, so im thinking i MAY be able to find one at auction for considerable cheaper. Hell this kid i know down here bought a 93 VTEC Prelude for like 4K, and thats at least a few grand less than what you usually see on the market…

Accord. Nice lookin car lowered with a decent set of rims and an exhaust. Good way for the woman to get into modding cars without getting her in anything too fast. Plus i can always swap a H22 into it and turbo it… :0

look for somethign in the 3500 range and use 2k as a down payment and loan for the other 1500. that way you can atleast start to rebuild your credit and not compltely fuck yourself. i loaned for 1500 and all i have to do is pay like 70 a month for 2 years… not that bad of a payment actually.

payments suck

Originally posted by BlkP42E
payments suck

X2

well we can go to the auction & get something!!!ill check some auction reports to see what hondu are doing!!!my neighbor had accord 98ish with 110k on he got it at the auction & was selling it for 2200.oo so probaly paid like 12oo to 1300 for it!!:slight_smile:

well we can go to the auction & get something!!!ill check some auction reports to see what hondu are doing!!!my neighbor had accord 98ish with 110k on he got it at the auction & was selling it for 2200.oo so probaly paid like 12oo to 1300 for it!!:slight_smile:

no shit! thats awesome… you have any links for me?? how often do they have these auctions? You are my hero!

there even a few by O.C.!!!ill ask my daddy tomorrow forv the links!!!i only know the salvage auction!!!:smiley:

get something that u cant do nothing to save money u would waste in mods

i have a buddy in Bmore that dads has a car lot …he has all the car print outs of the cars going through the auction

there even a few by O.C.!!!ill ask my daddy tomorrow forv the links!!!i only know the salvage auction!!!:smiley:

:cool:

Hope you dont have to have a license tho…

i have an accord here for you $400:D

Originally posted by Darkstar

you got to have a license…just get pewter to buy you one…thats your best bet

just look for a car in upcoming aictions and pay pewter to bid on it

Originally posted by Darkstar

I THINK THERE IS A PUBLIC SALE IN THAT AREA!!!

I THINK THERE IS A PUBLIC SALE IN THAT AREA!!!

Other words - I aint helping nobody :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :wink: