what to do with this integra?

$3000 shipped gets you everything with less than 40k miles = insurance and less headaches

hmmmm, just need to get pedals and shit and swap all that in right?..
I know we couldnt do that ourselfs.

what do you think labor would be? just give me a guessimate

if the car is already obd1 and your changing it to a gsr obd1 swap , other then running vtec and knock wires its basically plug n play… and doing the changeover from auto to manual is very simple, iv done it a good 5-6 times

Doing a full gsr swap and manual conversion to the car would be rather pointless as it would cost $3000 for the swap, another $100-$200 in conversion parts, and then labor on top. It would be cheaper and easier in the end to just sell the auto LS teg and buy a gsr teg.

He bought it for like $2000 or something… I suppose we could clean up the body and try and get $3000 out of it maybe.

A gsr powered car can be had for $5000 whether it be a teg or swapped civic.

Boosting mildly until the auto takes a dump would be a decent approach and would be different aksi cheaper and most likely faster than going the GSR route

I dont know what he’d want to do… not my car. he basically just wants to make it run a decent high to mid 14 in the quarter.

I dont think he’ll be able to do it with an automatic, but if he can then he’ll probably want to keep the auto

he could do it with a turbo ls and auto tranny with slicks

:boink

or on garbage street tires haha…

the car will not have enuff ass in it to use the potential of the slicks…hell a 14.5 pass can be done with 180whp with an auto

a gsr swap the car will not be in the mid 14’s well possible but not likely…

ls tranny + boost. I promise you a 12.99 pass with a stock motor

tempting, but dunno if he wants to spend that much on a tranny and labor to swap it in. then have someone make him a custom turbo kit

diy

I dont know honda’s

EASY!!!

EASY ENOUGH EVEN A DODGE OWNER CAN DO IT…

You can get a used LS tranny from $300-500 and probably another $150 or so for the linkage, shifter and tranny mount and pedals. Then you need to worry about a clutch, stock replacement won’t hold on too long with a turbo. You could just pick up 1 of the kits on egay with a shitty stage 3 clutch and alum flywheel for $250 and be good.

So looks like your spendin between $650-900 for a manual swap. just look around and piece it together over time after you find deals on these parts. Im sure people will help ya out with the linkage, shifter and pedals and all that crap on here. maybe even find a used performance clutch and a stock flywheel on here too. If your lucky you could probably do it for about $500 or less.

I think I will just tell him to clean it up and sell it. and save for something that already has a swap or turbo

hahahahahahahahahaaa!!! i love it

it’s true, honda’s are like legos

Edit: my turbo’d honda is more reliable than ANY dsm’s that i know… (maybe i just know the shitty ones)

:rofl: yes, you honda guys… I dont know how you do it but you can put these motors thru so much abuse and the motor loves it…