what to do with this integra?

Im about ready to send the kid down to joe with $2000 cash and tell him to say
“I wanna go fast!” :rofl:

I don’t question Joe’s knowledge on the subject, he speaks Honda gospel.

$1500 sounds crazy for a manual conversion.

Maybe your friend should pick one or the other (5spd vs. head swap)?

1. thats an option
  2. bolt ons are useless IMO
  3. a built Swap is alot of money.

the steps down the correct path is getting a 5 speed in there… other then that your not going to be able to tune shit, i am not sure if you can even get a tune with an auto tranny…

It being obd2 your going to need to convert to obd1 with boost. install a vtec motor with a matching ecu.

you might be able to find a GSR swap for around 2000, they seems to have gone up in price. but that will have the tranny clutch and flywheel with it. then all you have to hunt down in pedals./

its funny because frank called me today and cant find a VTEC head for under $700 haha thats why i said that.

so leaving the auto tranny in and bringing it to you to build a turbo for it would be out of the option? lol

CORRECTION ON INFO: This is a 94 Integra OBD1 with a B18B1 ( we beleive the B18 was swapped in, or so says the previous owner)

If you can find a 100K mile full GSR swap for 2K you’d be doing well. Most are asking $3K for them now off the bat.

They came with a B18B, and I would not turbo it with the auto. Mainly because there is no good way to tune it with boost.

obd1 is good

If you look hard and take a chance you can get some deals. The car will be 1000X better with a stick. take it step by step. after the 5speed then we can get into boost. around 250whp Daily driven on pump. 10psi you will have a hard time not spinning the tires. stenzel went 12.6 on somthing similar

you picked all your stuff up at the right time!

Indeed, I saw the market contracting…

alright. at least obd1 is a good thing… so he’s lookin seriously around $1500 for a manual swap thats with labor and shit included?

oh and joe, how much would you charge to custom turbokit after the tranny swap? ( If he decides he wants to do this)

Joe, I still have 2 turbo manifolds (which I won’t be using since I’m getting a Full-Race knock off custom made), an FMIC BOV, etc. and all that piping from Matt, Wray and you. LMK if you’re doing this kit and I’ll supply all the bits and pieces so we can keep this kid’s costs down.

How much power is this guy looking to make? Stock LS is probably putting 120-125 out at the wheels. Although I fully agree to swap it over to manual, if 200-250ish is desired it could be done in his $2000 budget if the auto is retained. A used JRSC for an LS is a rather cheap option to consider for a little more power (160-200hp). The tranny would probably hold up for a small turbo set-up. A mild turbo set-up (200-250hp) could be tuned using a VAFC (the “VAFC hack method”, yes it can be used decently in limited applications) or an FMU with a check valve on the map sensor (as was done for quite a while in the earlier honda tuning days) as both of those methods will really just dump more fuel according to added boost.

As Joe already mentioned, unless going for 500+ hp, don’t switch to the VTEC head, just leave the LS head and boost it.

http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000search.cgi?what=category&keyword=JDM%20USDM%20Engines&hit=5

jdm gsr swap $2600 save a couple bucks and buy this and he will be thrilled with it and someone could do it pretty easy for you

x2

this kid is just looking for a “quick” car. the body is a little beat up but i see no rust. most of the major dents and dings are going to be fixed very son because he was rear ended and got a check from the insurance company.

I told him not to worry about the other little shit and just get a decent motor in or build the one thats in it now to make it a little unsuspecting. ( banged up car that doesnt look like there is anything done to it but I told him the motor is what makes the car.

if it ran mid to high 14’s he’d be a happy person.

then buy a gsr swap put it in and drive it, you buy a jdm swap it has less than 40k miles on it so it’s a reliable daily that has a little go.

but turbos are cool

x2…

can we get a GSR swap with tranny for around $2000?

if not then why not have joe make us a turbo kit and toss it on the current motor with the auto tranny and just not give a fuck lol. if the tranny blows then worry about a 5spd swap lol

thats fine i dont care what u do haha…

your going to need to get an fmu and AFC

start looking. get a cast t3 mani for like 100 everywhere and get a 57 trim something or other

lol i dont know the first thing to do with these honda motors.

so its about $3000 for a GSR swap? that includes the ECU and Tranny?