what to upgrade? - turning a 220hp ford 302 into a 350hp 302

the car - 1991 Lincoln Mark VII
engine - 5.0 HO rated at 220HP

the engine is getting a little tired, and the owner would like to rebuild it and get an extra 100hp to the wheels in the process. the engine will have EVERYTHING reinstalled, PS, AC, EGR,

what are my options here ? im not to savy on ford V8 performance mods, and im thinking the best bet would be a long block assembly thats made for a computer controled car

the car also makes plenty of long distance drives, so i dont want to drop something that guzzles fuel in the process

n/a 351w or paxton’ed 302 ?

what are my options here ?

piece of cake.

decent set of 202 heads like trick flows with matching intake and a decent sized cam and youre done

AFR 165cc or 185cc if you don’t mind notching pistons, and a decent roller bumpstick that is all it should need

http://www.airflowresearch.com/ford_dyno.php look at the first and second builds

pretty much.

big valve, decent name heads
intakes
cam
exhaust
and some :tspry: for fun.

In a Mark VII that’ll prolly get You 24 - 30 mpg highway depending on drivetrain.

on second thought, talk to BDR5oh, he’s prolly got half of what You need collecting dust.

Just put a bigger turbo on it.

Dude my neighbor knows drives a powder blue mark7, they put a cam in it, headwork, and a kenne bell old school roots blower on it.

Thing runs ok, but was dog dog slow, I ran him like ten times and it wasn’t even close.

I think that mustang speed shop on niagara falls blvd (pj’s or whatever) did the work, and the guy sunk an assload of money into the car.

If you want to make it fast, just put a stall converter, shift kit, and gears in it.

You don’t even have to touch the motor at first.

Not a fan of the mark7 per say, but the mark8, you can make them go mid to high 13’s with a good converter and gears. Thats fast in a $45000 ford sled.

simple get a sbc

^^^^^^^^^^^^

nm

the car does a lot of long distance highway driving so gears are out of the question.

Heads, cam and intake. Not to mention a good tune. Maybe bump the compression a tad?

Or you could just swap it out for a SHO motor and boost or spray it.

a boosted sho motor would be a great way to get 33mpg on the highway and still have 400hp on tap … hmmm …