What tranny fluid do you guys use?

Redline or Amsoil.

I’ll slap the first person that says Royal Crapurple.

GM synromesh FM

What is the best type to use on a T45 transmission would be what i’m looking to find out.

wut about on a t5 tranny? motor oil? wuts the best?

dave!

Look in your manual man.

A T45 takes automatic trans fluid. I bet they put Mercon V in there from the factory.

I’m running Mobil1 ATF in my saturn manual trans, noticed a little better shifter feel when the car is ice cold and i’m shifting it first thing in the morning.

im lookin for the good stuf the crap that can be beat on

independent test for proof??

i dont use it anyway, just curious.

5w30 in the k car trans… no synthetic as it keeps the synchros from grabbing properly.

Brian

amsoil got me 10K on my SHO transmission. i’m running mercon5 now with kevlar clutches and the tranny has slipped since day 1. i don’t know if it is fluid related though.

True, syncros need friction to operate, synthetic is too slick, plus it doesnt like to stick/climb gears very well. Dino oil ftw

Mobil 1 ATF probably switching to Amsoil or Torco after about 10,000 more miles.

same here

T56- mobli1 ATF or syncromesh only

NO ROYAL PURPLE

M1 ATF for my T56. Why go against the recommendations of the PEOPLE WHO REBUILD AND WARRANTY (their work, of course) the transmissions every day?

Who is that directed at…

Anyone reading. It’s good advice for all t56 owners.

Ford/Motorcraft full synthetic, standard fill for all mtx75

Most of those MT fluids are the same. GM (Texaco) MTF along with the Chrysler equivalent are both 5w-30 with a friction modifier. It was developed for the New Process transaxles in Minivans and K-cars. It’s good in all NP/NV transmissions and transaxles except the NV4500. Honda MTF is very similar.

You can use synthetic as long as it’s friction modified for synchros. I use Amsoil MTF for MTF applications. Amsoil ATF for ATF applications. For gear lube in a trans I use what’s cheap at NAPA or TractorSupply (gear lube isn’t high-tech).

Gears like gear lube. They are quieter and will last longer. Worn synchros like gear lube. Low clearance needle bearings do not like gear lube because it doesn’t get in there. Needle bearings in older units designed for gear lube do fine with gear lube obviously. Some older trans specify “all mineral” 90wt which means no EP. Chains do not like gear lube because it doesn’t get in the pins. If you have a NP203 run gear lube in the drop box and ATF in the chaincase.

mt-90

syncromesh in the t56.